• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Final - Australia v New Zealand, Twickenham, Sunday 1 November, 3:00 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Wang on.
Keep Calm RWC 1.jpg

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
This is the New Zealand that beat Argentina 26-16, and squeaked past the Saffers 20-18? Hopefully our players aren't so girly as our fans!
Just being skittish and realistic about our chances. I expect us to not be on the right side of the refereeing Saturday night.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
To no ones surprise, Nigel Owens will be reffing the final.

All Blacks selector Grant Fox has revealed that Welshman Nigel Owens will referee the Rugby World Cup final at Twickenham next Sunday morning (NZ time).

Fox said the All Blacks were told by World Rugby - before they beat South Africa 20-18 in this morning's semifinal in London - that Owens would take charge of the final, which will be against either Australia or Argentina, who play the second semifinal at 5am on Monday (NZ time).

The announcement is set to be officially revealed in the next 48 hours and Fox said the All Blacks were delighted with the decision - praising his communication skills and his ruling of the breakdown.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...feree-the-all-blacks-in-rugby-world-cup-final

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Our guys looked pretty stuffed at the end. With an extra day to recover and an easier route to the final, I'd be quietly confident if I were a kiwi supporter.

I'm hoping we'll scare them but I have a horrible feeling we'll see Bled #2, part 2.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
We've played the kiwis twice this year and it's one all. Neither team could beat the other away from home.

On current form, AUS are playing better for mine. We've had a far tougher run to get this far and whilst we haven't pumped the big oppositions we've managed to do precisely what was needed to get the win in each case.
NZ on the other hand appear to be struggling to find that top gear. Handling and discipline are letting them down but as always they are a team that can turn up and throw together a complete performance when needed so they can never be discounted.
I think a lot of the time we struggle to beat the ABs because we lack the belief that we can; particularly in NZ.
I feel that this game will be different. The RWC is a level playing field. Both teams have had to earn their ticket to the big dance. There's no easy way to do it.

I have no idea what either teams injury status is but if both can put out close to their best XV then I would back AUS to take this one.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
We need a week long ice bath or a clandestine meeting with Lance Armstrong to get us over the pool of death fatigue - win or lose this playing and coaching group have turned the Wallabies from a borderline farce to contenders in 12 months.
I can cop that if I have to.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Do we overtake NZ in the rankings if we win? Anyone wanna do the maths.

It also occurs to me that this will be the first RWC Final between the #1- & #2-ranked teams (even if you apply the rankings system retrospectively as the Lassen.co.nz site has done).

Jellic87

Chris McKivat (8)
Richie McCaw was cleared earlier! A bit of common sense there! Would have been a tragedy if he was ruled out of his final game- a RWC final none the less over that!

EatSleepDrinkRuck

Larry Dwyer (12)
I'm glad Richie was let off - that elbow looks 50/50 to me but A) I like a bit of biff B) its the goddamn RWC final in what will be the last world cup of his career (as a player).

Wallabies by 1 after Dean Mumm slots a penalty kick in extra time

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Any thoughts on who the non-AUS or NZ fans might be getting behind for this one? Any NH fans on here able to chime in on which team is hated less?

I genuinely hope they swing throughout the match and just get behind good Rugby no matter who is producing it.

Jellic87

Chris McKivat (8)
I'm glad Richie was let off - that elbow looks 50/50 to me but A) I like a bit of biff B) its the goddamn RWC final in what will be the last world cup of his career (as a player).

Wallabies by 1 after Dean Mumm slots a penalty kick in extra time

Absolutely, plus for us if you want to be the best you gotta beat the best and the AB's without Richie just wouldn't have been the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.