• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Final - Australia v New Zealand, Twickenham, Sunday 1 November, 3:00 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
On the topic of balanced media, here's good ol' Nesbo (Nisbo? Struggle to tell with the wild vowels) having a crack.

Really strong in this one, the hubris is.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/new...rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Some choice excerpts:

It's all a bit tiresome really and most of the drivel comes from the other side of the Tasman where they, rightfully, have a dreadful inferiority complex when it comes to the All Blacks. Understandable isn't it - 42 wins in 154 tests - an appalling record and one that the great Okkers really struggle with. Suck it up because it could get worse.

Fuck me - talk about putting the knockers on us. Fuck.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
How about this.
Scores tied at full time.
Ten minutes of extra time. 1 try apiece.
Ten minutes of Sudden death. No points scored.
Kicking competition. Carter, Barrett, SBW, Fekitoa, Foley, Beale, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Giteau all slot theirs.
Last players up, Charlie Faumauina knocks his over, winning the RWC for NZ and instantly becoming a rugby god to all front rowers everywhere, for all time.
To be fair, I would be a gibbering mess if it came down to a kicking duel.

Jellic87

Chris McKivat (8)
On the topic of balanced media, here's good ol' Nesbo (Nisbo? Struggle to tell with the wild vowels) having a crack.

Really strong in this one, the hubris is.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/new...rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Some choice excerpts:

It's all a bit tiresome really and most of the drivel comes from the other side of the Tasman where they, rightfully, have a dreadful inferiority complex when it comes to the All Blacks. Understandable isn't it - 42 wins in 154 tests - an appalling record and one that the great Okkers really struggle with. Suck it up because it could get worse.

Woah, I had to have a sit down after reading that. What was he thinking writing that.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
How about this.
Kicking competition. Carter, Barrett, SBW, Fekitoa, Foley, Beale, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Giteau all slot theirs.
Last players up, Charlie Faumauina knocks his over, winning the RWC for NZ and instantly becoming a rugby god to all front rowers everywhere, for all time.

HA! If Charlie Faumauina wins it with a dropped goal I'll probably cheer too.

What we don't want is a Dunning situation when either team is four points down at the death!

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
How about this.

If that's how it goes down I'll laugh ironically to myself and buy the nearest Kiwi a beer. You could pretty much stop playing RWC's after that, no way you could ever top it.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah it's not a great record but it's the second best record against the AB's (South Africa has the best).

So using the same stats I can also tell you that both teams in the final are playing the team that they have their second worst loss rate against.

NZ lose most frequently to:
1. Sth Africa
2. Australia

AUS lose most frequently to:
1. B&I Lions
2. New Zealand

You can use stats to prove anything. 27.5% of all people know that.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
12193864_938441989537258_843795360793924702_n.jpg

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Here's some more stats. Probably been mentioned more than a few times.

Head to Head at a RWC.
Aus 2 - NZ 1.

Head to Head at a RWC (neutral venue)
Aus 1 - NZ 0.

RWC Record (Total)
NZ: 43W 6L for 87.75%
AUS: 39W 8L for 82.97%

RWC Record (neutral venue)
NZ: 27W 4L for 87.09%
AUS: 22W 4L for 84.61%

RWC Record (@Twickenham)
NZ: 3W 1L for 75%
AUS: 6W 0L for 100%

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Australia: Rugby Championship
New Zealand: Bledisloe Cup

Ours is bigger than yours.

Actually this game could unofficially decide both of those. Forgetting bonus points it's 1-1 in the Bledisloe and 4-4 in the RC (counting last week's games).

Winner takes all!

Jellic87

Chris McKivat (8)
My productivity levels at work have plummeted in the last couple of days, i have clicked on the GAGR forums every 5 minutes just to check if there has been any update.
I'm fairly sure I'm about to get a warning from IT about misuse of companies internet policy....... I've just been summoned to their offices.

Worth it.............

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
The young fella is 10 and is born and bred here. I am proud to say he is a mad Wallabies fan by osmosis. His younger brother couldn't give two shits..so he stays home with the better half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys been doing Serevi Rugby in Bellevue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.