• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Final - Australia v New Zealand, Twickenham, Sunday 1 November, 3:00 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
12196113_10153804237926209_7949198212326588167_n.jpg

A further incentive for the Wallabies to win.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Wish I can say the same. I have plenty of All Blacks supporters in town and at work. Today is friday and I put on my special Bok jersey for tonite. This dont help much at work if you get this on your desk on monday after the semi final.
All%20Blacks_zpsvzjryc2n.jpg

Wallabies by 50.

Yeah I agree those Cape Crusaders are a pain in the ass. Supporting the All Blacks over the Boks/Crusaders over the Stormers just because they're pissed that the team is not black enough, or remain bitter about the past. Personally, if the Bok team is totally picked on race and not merit, I would rather not support anyone than switch allegiance. It's like having a kid - if it dies, you don't replace it, there's just an empty space. It's part of my culture to support the Boks - part of my identity even. Even more so with the Bulls.

These fickle fans who switch between teams on a whim - I don't get it at all.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Whatever you do, do not under any circumstances mention Savea and his history of DV. By all means continue posting petty insults and booing Quade for rough-housing McCaw though - that shit is serious. What a rotten indictment on us.
Yeah I'm pretty sure any mention of DV in relation to Savea has been an attack on him rather than levity about the situation.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Relance

Herbert Moran (7)
Insignificant is a very tough ask for Nigel Owens.

Don't get me wrong, he's a great ref and deserves to be in the final - though you could make the case that he got the nod for his whole career; Garcès probably should have got it on current form. That's what several reffing blogs believe anyway (rugbyrefs, espritdelaregle).

I would never argue that he isn't technically sound, but his style leaves a lot to be desired. A good referee should be noticed as little as possible: a gracious and stolid enabler of the game, a man of few words, expressing himself with gestures, speaking only to do prevention, warn captains of the consequences of repeated offenses, and calm things down when tempers flare.

<RANT ON>
Owens doesn't strike me as someone like that, unfortunately. A referee working on his punchlines and jubilating when given the opportunity to throw them at infringing players during the game instead of enforcing WR (World Rugby)'s most recent rulings, is not fine (see chat with Stuart Hogg against Samoa when said player blatantly milked it, should have gone for the pocket). A referee having jokes with players from one team during the game - however dominant that team was at that moment (see his chit-chat with Dan Carter against France), is not fine. A referee displaying his emotions throughout the games, showing a sarcastic face or making mischievous comments about general play, is not fine. Finally, a referee addressing adults like a headmaster, with a peremptory tone, should not be contemplated as the gold standard or refereeing performances.
</RANT OVER>

There, I said it.

Jellic87

Chris McKivat (8)
Shout out to Karthik our Indian head of IT, who once I explained that this would be the equivalent of a cricket World Cup final between India and Pakistan agreed that my over use of company internet on a website called green and gold rugby would be kept between my self and him. He said "even the thought of that stresses me too much".

Thanks mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Reason #139 why the All Blacks MUST win: after several hours of goading by workmates & customers (they played Waltzing Matilda roughly 20 times FFS) I declared that I'd drink, in one go, at room temperature, after it's been open for four hours, one of these fuckers if we lose:

image.jpeg

Obviously if we win I'll be wearing my AB jersey & taking in assorted Dave Dobbyn etc CD's. And demanding I be served an icy-cold Monteiths at knockoff time :)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Yeah I agree those Cape Crusaders are a pain in the ass. Supporting the All Blacks over the Boks/Crusaders over the Stormers just because they're pissed that the team is not black enough, or remain bitter about the past. Personally, if the Bok team is totally picked on race and not merit, I would rather not support anyone than switch allegiance. It's like having a kid - if it dies, you don't replace it, there's just an empty space. It's part of my culture to support the Boks - part of my identity even. Even more so with the Bulls.

These fickle fans who switch between teams on a whim - I don't get it at all.
Yep most of them support the Bulls in the CC.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Had a look at how many minutes our guys have played, just out of interest.

In descending order:

481 - Fardy
413 - Douglas
400 - AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
398 - Foley
396 - Kuridrani
345 - Giteau
322 - Moore
322 - Genia
320 - Hooper
318 - Simmons
307 - Mitchell
305 - Kepu
300 - Pocock
289 - Folau
288 - Sio

284 - Beale
212 - Mumm
201 - McCalman
163 - TPN
149 - Phipps
133 - Slipper
126 - Holmes
124 - To'omua

Amounts might be missing a minute or two here and there. I was going to compare it to AB minutes played but have run out of steam. Maybe later.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^ the only redeeming feature of which is the Thorne try, brilliantly set up by the one & only Carlos (almost as brilliantly set up as Mortlock's :))

Status
Not open for further replies.