• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Final - Australia v New Zealand, Twickenham, Sunday 1 November, 3:00 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I see everyone is still talking about the SBW incident.

My view in a nutshell: Classy move from SBW, but that kid looks like a little douche bag.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I think before one shows any kindness towards another human or performs an act of generosity or graciousness to someone else, the recipient should have to fill out a form which allows you to perform a complete background check including posting picture and basic details on social media and await for all Facebook/Twitter/Instagram feedback, criminal history, credit checks and school teacher reports to be assessed so that worthiness of the kind act can be fully ascertained.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Can someone stop the kiwi fans. The players were good winners. The fans are shocking. They won't shut up about the wallabies, using memes ect . They're acting like we didn't get out of the pool stages. Really poor form. Even one Facebook group called fcuk the wallabies.

Yeh that group only has something like 480 members. You apparently need to get a license to operate a forklift before you can sign up.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Thats probably the reason why the All Blacks see the Springbokke as their rugby rival. War on the field, friends off the field. Only respect for a player like SBW to gave his medal to a boy. No wonder our laaities heros are the likes of Carter, McCaw these days.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Maybe to the masses but he doesn't fool me. To me he just comes across as a bit dumb:

1. Giving away a medal that he worked hard and sacrificed for
2. Giving it to some kid who thought he was above the rules

I doubt it's about the medal for Sonny or any of the winners. The experience, occasion and memories with his team mates is worth the sacrifice. Not some medal.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
What do we all think Khoder Nasser's thoughts on SBW drumming up some personal media attention would be?

Biggest event on earth right then. Cameras from every angle.

I think there might be a few too many being magnanimous in here

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I've only gone back a few pages, but has this been mentioned yet.........

“At the final whistle the first person to come up on Saturday didn’t even shake my hand. As we say in Wales he gave me a ‘cwtch’ (cuddle).

“He put his hand around me and said thanks for a great game. That was David Pocock.

“For someone who has just missed out on winning the Webb Ellis trophy to come up to do that says a lot about the integrity of man himself and what a wonderful sport rugby is.”

-Nigel Owens

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/nigel-owens-reveals-how-hes-10376061

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
11223961_898694106850604_1497967867560365910_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.