• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Final - Australia v New Zealand, Twickenham, Sunday 1 November, 3:00 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
According to most of my kiwi mates, Trevor Chappell had a fair old influence on trans tasman sporting relationships - even for fellas who weren't even born at the time

Yep same as the young guys on here that get all bitter and twisted over the Meads - Catchpole incident from 1968. Its just bollocks. Get over it, move on both countries and stop harping on about incidents that happened a million years ago FFS.

Alex

Jimmy Flynn (14)
No it does not. It didn't count in 2003, so I don't think it'd count this weekend.

Wouldn't have mattered in 2003, we took a couple of solid beatings before the WC - including one match where the kiwis put about 50 on us. In 1991 it would have mattered, but didn't count.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Started organising some mates to go watch final live - sure a lot of similar plans being made across the country....

Just booked airfares and hotel last night.....now all I need to do is find some bloody tickets to the match!

Does anyone have any connections out there? I need 2 tickets for me and my 10 year old. I going to give it 48 hours to hunt some down before succumbing to the secondary markets like Stub Hub and Viagogo.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Just booked airfares and hotel last night...now all I need to do is find some bloody tickets to the match!

Does anyone have any connections out there? I need 2 tickets for me and my 10 year old. I going to give it 48 hours to hunt some down before succumbing to the secondary markets like Stub Hub and Viagogo.

jollyswagman, someone in the UK just told me they may be able to be bought from the official site, or attrfu.com.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Who knows what the result will be on the weekend. The AIGs seem pretty sure of a victory for their boys.
One thing is for sure. Cheika and his team will have a plan and will give it one helluva shake. Can't wait!

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
jollyswagman, someone in the UK just told me they may be able to be bought from the official site, or attrfu.com.

Thanks Groucho......yes, a few tickets are still available through the official site but only single tickets as opposed to pairs, and they are CAT A & CAT B at this point in time. Availability seems to ebb & flow as people that want to resell their tickets can make them available through the official site. I keep checking every hour of so to see if I can nab a pair but so far no luck.

I was quietly hoping that someone here on GAGR would have an inside track or connection to a secret source ;)

Alex

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Thanks Groucho..yes, a few tickets are still available through the official site but only single tickets as opposed to pairs, and they are CAT A & CAT B at this point in time. Availability seems to ebb & flow as people that want to resell their tickets can make them available through the official site. I keep checking every hour of so to see if I can nab a pair but so far no luck.

I was quietly hoping that someone here on GAGR would have an inside track or connection to a secret source ;)

There were plenty to be had outside the ground last weekend - including ones right on half way. The tip was to know which blocks you want and ask around until you find them.

Hemsley

Frank Row (1)
For Sydney Siders.. There r $10 tickets to watch it (blown up Massively) from 2am on the IMAX screen. I think I'll watch it at home, but that would be something

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Current points NZ 92.89 Aus 90.93

Aus win 15+ Aus 94.52 NZ 89.3
Aus win 1-15 Aus 93.32 NZ 90.5
NZ win 1-15 NZ 94.5 Aus 89.32
NZ win 15+ NZ 95.3 Aus 88.52

I've excluded the draw cos there can't be one.

http://www.lassen.co.nz/pagmisc.php#hrh

Forgot the Rankings hadn't been updated yet, not that it makes that much difference now they have:

Current points NZ 93.67, Aus 91.75

Aus win 15+ Aus 95.33 NZ 90.09
Aus win 1-15 Aus 94.13 NZ 91.29
NZ win 1-15 NZ 95.29 Aus 90.13
NZ win 15+ NZ 96.09 Aus 89.33

South Africa (86.02) remain 3rd & Argentina (84.24) 4th in the Rankings for now but would swap places if Argentina win on Saturday our time. Full Rankings:

http://www.worldrugby.org/rankings

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
^^^^ The system could use an overhaul given that there is about a 7 point spread in the relative ratings for one side if they win by 1 point versus if they lose by 1. It shouldn't be too difficult to modify the algorithm to calculate based on the actual margin rather than the incumbent 1-15 or 15+ margins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
doesn't take away from the one on one matchups that is actually the point we are discussing or the fact you are trying to say that the wallabies and AB's have faced a similar level of opposition...YOUR TEAM PLAYED TONGA NAMBIBIA AND GEORGIA. Get them black tinted sunglasses off and see it for what it is, Savea has had a shit year defensively, doesn't mean his a bad player, just he has underperformed but propping up his stats by playing against these low level opposition is hardly grounds for a argument

Hahahahaha - take your yellow tinted sunnies off and see that 65% is shit no matter who you are playing. Especially when your not even starting every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.