• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Semi Final 2 - Australia v Argentina Twickenham, Monday 19 October, 2:45 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Argentinean rugby has come along enormously this year with wins against South Africa and Ireland as well as pushing Australia and New Zealand close in tough matches. The single biggest area of improvement has been in their backplay: they've finally discovered those blokes wearing jumpers from 11 to 15 CAN contribute to successful, and entertaining, rugby. They'll be tough to beat, very tough.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
You may want to update the date in the title....

If its another nail biter like this morning I don't think I can handle it

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Good thing that we are on the "soft" side of the knockout draw. Yeah right.

No such thing as an easy game in knockout RWC footy.

Los Pumas seem to be coming right, at the right time, meanwhile we have had our "bad hair day" and will now be OK (optimist view), or we have done our dash and used up all our luck (pessimist view).

If both teams play to their potential this could be a belter of a game that will be bloody difficult to tip. No foregone conclusions here. I'm excited.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Kinda good how it's all Southern Hemisphere teams in the semi's.

It's awesome clearly ;)

Sarcasm aside, Ireland and France were both outclassed really. Though credit for a bit of a fightback from Ireland. Scotland got a bit lucky with the Wallaby performance, but thats knock out rugby for you. I couldn't honestly say that Scotland are a better team than Australia overall. Wales must truly be heart broken though, they can't seem to ever catch a break against the SH sides!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Let's hope Pocock recovers during the week. There still seems like there is a significant amount of doubt that he'll be right.

Folau should be fine but he's less vital. Beale was outstanding.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Fingers crossed Sio is okay, doesn't look likely though. Slipper is an able replacement but our bench scrum will not be the weapon it once was.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I wonder who we will call up if Sio is crocked?

I'd guess he is either absolutely fine and just jarred his arm or has a broken elbow and will go home.

I wonder if the next LHP on the list is Benn Robinson, Pek Cowan or Tetera Faulkner?

papabear

Watty Friend (18)
Nah. This one should have been 2 teams looking to make their first final. :p

Yes, two teams that have a combined a record of 58 Games 3 draws and 55 losses up against NZ (assuming they can do the business against SA, for our sake I hope they don't).

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
1. Not at all serious. I moaned a little at the time, but that's because I didn't believe until Bennett went over. 3 minutes of ecstacy, and hole and wonder snatched away will do that.

2. If we base it on records, then France, England, South Africa, New Zealand and Australia should be the only ones playing at world cups.

3. Mighty ducks. Mighty ducks. Mighty ducks.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Has he been playing any NRC? I haven't really been watching the Rams games.

I also think he's the most likely if he's fit. You'd be thinking he wouldn't get on the field as Smith will come into the side but I'd imagine Cheika would feel most confident slotting Robbo in if he needed someone on the bench in the semi-final or final.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

I also think he's the most likely if he's fit.

That's the thing - HE'S NEVER BEEN FIT! IT DOESN'T MATTER!!

2j1mye1.jpg

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Are you all forgetting Toby Smith?

I also think he's the most likely if he's fit. You'd be thinking he wouldn't get on the field as Smith will come into the side but I'd imagine Cheika would feel most confident slotting Robbo in if he needed someone on the bench in the semi-final or final.

No one is forgetting Smith. If Sio is out there'll still need to be a replacement prop in the squad.

The assumption is that Slipper will start next week and Smith will be the reserve LHP.

Of course hopefully Sio just jarred his elbow and is actually fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.