• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Semi Final 2 - Australia v Argentina Twickenham, Monday 19 October, 2:45 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
So is that "radio" as in the audio-only arm of a media conglomerate, or "Radio" as in Growden's infamous & possibly fictitious NSW rugby official?

Just Nova news - so most likely made up (the only reason they're even reporting the union is because with league & afl done with they need something to justify the sports readers salary....)

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just Nova news - so most likely made up (the only reason they're even reporting the union is because with league & afl done with they need something to justify the sports readers salary..)

Well JJJ was quoting Tim Horan this morning saying Folau is likely to play. Haven't seen anything to confirm or deny

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
If Folau were to miss this game, and we win with Beale playing another really good match, what are the chances of Beale usurping Folau for the final even if Izzy is fit?

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
Given the amount of time the teams have had together in this tournament alone I think the Mendoza result shouldn't be used as a fair indication of where each group is at. RWC form stands alone. Look at the scotts FFS, even they looked like a team and not the usual league of nations they throw into jerseys for the 6 nations. Love the RWC because of its uniqueness.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Look at the scotts FFS, even they looked like a team and not the usual league of nations they throw into jerseys for the 6 nations. Love the RWC because of its uniqueness.

The Scots were honest toilers, but ultimately, poo. Let's be completely honest - we let them get that close and they can piss and moan about the victory that was snatched away from them, but they didn't even deserve to beat Samoa. If Japan had a full week after the Bok game, they would have cleaned them up and finished in the QF game.

The Scots will, however, do well in this 6N because Italy have fallen off a cliff, England are plagued with self-doubt, and Wales and Ireland have finished this tournament with some serious losses. France are France.

Fuck the Scots and their pissy little carry on. Good luck to them this season, but they're history right now.

Back to our game: looking at the way Ireland surrendered the ruck in the first quarter its no wonder they go touched up by the Argies. Missing their two best flankers in O'Mahony and SOB meant their defense was disjointed and lacked venom, and they were probably worried the Argies would just kick penalties if they went too hard at the ball on defense in their own half.

What WE need to do is set the tone with Barnes early. Sacrifice a penalty or two to get a feel for the adjudication, then fucking smack the Argies in the outside channels. The whole forward pack needs to stand up on D, and chase the ball to the outside channels where I expect TK to do some real fucking damage shooting up on Bosch or whoever they put out there.

The other thing we need to look out for is Sanchez and his fucking diving bullshit. Moore needs to be up front with Barnes about the Spirit of Rugby and how soccer isn't it.

If we're good enough at that, we'll win. Simples.

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
The other thing we need to look out for is Sanchez and his fucking diving bullshit. Moore needs to be up front with Barnes about the Spirit of Rugby and how soccer isn't it.

If we're good enough at that, we'll win. Simples.

Get Nige on to him, he doesn't stand for that crap.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
Yes Fitzy - I'll be looking for big Kane Douglas shooting out of the line on defense and engulfing their little fairies. Similar for Hooper and the rest of the pack. The biggest letdown from the QF was the defensive intensity. Lift it, we win.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
We need a big game from Michael Hooper. He needs to lift our defensive intensity and get the team moving up off the line quickly.

I think that if we get the defensive line speed and strength in contact that we had against England and Wales we'll be too good for them.

If we're passive like we were against Scotland we'll be very hard pressed getting the win.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
We need a big game from Michael Hooper. He needs to lift our defensive intensity and get the team moving up off the line quickly.

I think that if we get the defensive line speed and strength in contact that we had against England and Wales we'll be too good for them.

If we're passive like we were against Scotland we'll be very hard pressed getting the win.

I think that's on the money. I thought he was a little off his game against Scotland. I want him playing like he did against England, where he was up in the line quickly and pressuring the English attack.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I also fee like the Wallabies are more likely to have a greater impact at the breakdown if Hooper drives the aggressive defence rather than hunts around for more opportunities to attack defensive rucks.

Hooper, Douglas etc. need to smash the Pumas in the tackle and keep them behind the advantage line then people like Fardy will win penalties over the ball.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I also fee like the Wallabies are more likely to have a greater impact at the breakdown if Hooper drives the aggressive defence rather than hunts around for more opportunities to attack defensive rucks.

Hooper, Douglas etc. need to smash the Pumas in the tackle and keep them behind the advantage line then people like Fardy will win penalties over the ball.

Lack of turnovers last week was a lot to do with the passive defense; dominant, aggressive defense gives units that extra moment to latch on.

Sure we missed Pocock, but we missed defensive aggression more.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)

Agree again. Hooper's great strength is his body height and leg drive in contact (something our our mate Bob Dwyer would love). We need him doing a lot of that, as well as McCalman and having Fardy attacking the ruck hard. I'd also like to see some strong counter rucking too, as that's something that Cheika's Tahs did very effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.