• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Semi Final 2 - Australia v Argentina Twickenham, Monday 19 October, 2:45 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
That's very disingenuous in my opinion. Saying you don't have an opinion (a dog in the fight) and then suggesting that in other circumstances there would be doubt over a pass that quite clearly went backwards and hasn't been officially questioned in any circles at all. The insinuation is thick.

I was referrring to the fact that George Ayoub could have come up with all sorts of decisions that did not reflect reality. Jesus, I need to pick my words more carefully.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Obviously I'm biased but I thought we got hammered by Barnes.

Not only did the 50/50 calls go their way but the amount of non-calls was crazy. Not straights, collapsing mauls, offsides etc.

My fave was sometime in the second half Kurindrani got over the ball that the Argie had place. Once his hand hit the ball, the Argie (lying on the ground) picked it up and pulled it back into his chest. This happened 2 m directly infront of Jaco and maybe 4m directly infront of Barnes. We got penalized because Fardy then came in from the side. An argie sealed off two on the initial clean out, diving straight off his feet. 2 pens against Arg ignored then we got pinged. We had several off side as a result as Tevita going past the ball and it still a ruck, but Fardy marginally coming through the side got pinged.

EDIT: saw a gif of the incident on Twitter. The more I watch it the more stunned I am. https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CSMpyG_WwAATHWE.mp4

I was also thinking Barnes seemed very one eyed as the game went on, that I asked myself why is it that a ref who has always been so spot on with his decisions in the past, in all games, is suddenly not seeing Argy infringements, yet picking up the wallabies for the most innocuous ones.
And then it occurred to me. He is an Englishman, and we knocked his country's side out of the RWC. In addition to that, he would not be happy with his reputation that the Wallabies have won every game he has refereed.
So we really were playing against a 16 man team - well done Wallabies!

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I was also thinking Barnes seemed very one eyed as the game went on, that I asked myself why is it that a ref who has always been so spot on with his decisions in the past, in all games, is suddenly not seeing Argy infringements, yet picking up the wallabies for the most innocuous ones.
And then it occurred to me. He is an Englishman, and we knocked his country's side out of the RWC. In addition to that, he would not be happy with his reputation that the Wallabies have won every game he has refereed.
So we really were playing against a 16 man team - well done Wallabies!

That explains it.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I was referrring to the fact that George Ayoub could have come up with all sorts of decisions that did not reflect reality. Jesus, I need to pick my words more carefully.

I do think that George could have/would have had some questionable involvements had he been the TMO (as he usually does) but the last pass from Mitchell to AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was unambiguously legit despite the ravings by others in the English press and some on here. If I have done you a disservice by misreading your comment to conclude that you also thought it was forward, then I do apologise. Good luck to both sides with the officiating next week.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The rantings by Clive Woodward and co seemed to be that it should have been referred because it was a big decision that effectively iced the game.

They acknowledged that both the referee and assistant were both in a good position to make the call but still said it should have been referred.

Seems like a whole lot of clutching at straws really given that the pass wasn't even line ball.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
The rantings by Clive Woodward and co seemed to be that it should have been referred because it was a big decision that effectively iced the game.

They acknowledged that both the referee and assistant were both in a good position to make the call but still said it should have been referred.

Seems like a whole lot of clutching at straws really given that the pass wasn't even line ball.
Or a last ditch effort to try to appear relevant. Sad really.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
What grinds my gears the most on the scrutiny of the Australian progression to the final is that the wallabies themselves have had no bar of it personally. They have carried an air of humility though out the tournament while play inspirational rugby yet because fortune favoured them at a crucial time they're being painted as the villains.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

Maybe they need to watch a weekend one game of NRL and they'll get over the desire to involve the TMO more

Status
Not open for further replies.