• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
JACO PEYPER, WTF? AND STUART BERRY! :mad:

I think Jaco is one of the better ones around actually - he has a pretty good temperament and generally is pretty fair.

I think his knowledge of the rules appears to be quite impeccable as well.

MonkeyBoy

Bill Watson (15)
I think Jaco is one of the better ones around actually - he has a pretty good temperament and generally is pretty fair.

I think Peyper and Joubert excelled when the focus was on refereeing the laws of the game and were 1 and 2 in the world, I think that when the referee focus was shifted to empathy for the game and what teams were trying to acheive that they dropped down the rungs a fair bit as both have a tendancy to be pedantic.

caymantim

Herbert Moran (7)
IMO Lacey is a pretty good referee (former player).

Doyle is an Irishman refereeing for the RFU.

Yeah Lacey is excellent, I know him and I know he is well regarded by the players. He has played at a good level (Munster) and his main focus of the game is that the referee is NOT the focus...

...he also has a keen involvement in building the game and identifying new players as a Munster development officer, so he is constantly interacting with the players, not holding himself apart as above the game as some referees we could name.

caymantim

Herbert Moran (7)

My favourite quote from one of the GAGR Podcasts re Peyper... "the random penalty generator" - now that comment was green and GOLD!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

I agree that Peyper has a good temperament and is fair. His knowledge of the laws is fine, it's just sometimes he applies them in bewildering ways.

EDIT: And he certainly seems an affable bloke who has a good rapport with the players.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It's the 25th of August and there is only 25 Days to go to the Opening fixture with 29 days until The Men In Gold open their campaign to Bring Back Bill on 24 September at 1:45 am Sydney Time.

G&GR SuperBru Tipping Competition here I come.

ArmchairGeneral

Ward Prentice (10)
So pumped
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440501293.667561.jpg

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
England Rugby Union RWC Secret Plans revealed
London - AAP

A top secret plan designed to help England Rugby Team and hinder the fleet footed challengers at the upcoming Rugby World Cup was unwittingly revealed in an embarrassing mix up yesterday at the Olympic Stadium yesterday.
OlympicStadium6.jpg

Spokesman for the England Rugby Union, Nigel Smith-Smythe-Smith was forced to admit that the stadium sprinkler activation during the Barbarians game against the Samoans was actually a planned rehearsal of a secret plan codenamed "Operation Indoor Rain" that was designed to replicate normal English wet weather conditions for RWC games. It was to be used at the RWC when the English Team will be facing Southern Hemisphere opponents who are not used to playing in wet conditions.

Smith-Smythe-Smith admitted "The Barbarians always play at Twickenham, so one of our interns planned the rehearsal of 'Operation Indoor Rain' to take place at the Olympic Park on the same day that the Barbarians vs Samoa match was supposed to be at Twickenham. It should have happened with no one present to witness our plan."

OlympicStadium.jpg

OlympicStadium5.jpg

OlympicStadium1.jpg

RedCard

Peter Burge (5)
How are Oz supporters feeling on the group stage now? All three teams have shown where they are with another marker for England this weekend upcoming. Being a Welsh supporter I can confidently say I haven't got a clue who will go through. If it wasn't Twickenham I think England might miss out. Have a feeling Fiji might target us and make a harder game of it especially if it comes to points. Personally hope fiji target England as could catch them cold.

B

Bazarov

How are Oz supporters feeling on the group stage now? All three teams have shown where they are with another marker for England this weekend upcoming. Being a Welsh supporter I can confidently say I haven't got a clue who will go through. If it wasn't Twickenham I think England might miss out. Have a feeling Fiji might target us and make a harder game of it especially if it comes to points. Personally hope fiji target England as could catch them cold.
I hope that both Australia and Wales get through this tournament without any injuries at all to their hookers. (Why oh why are we both taking that chance??)

RedCard

Peter Burge (5)
I hope that both Australia and Wales get through this tournament without any injuries at all to their hookers. (Why oh why are we both taking that chance??)

Wales actually have one the the dropped hookers from the initial training squad on the bench for the last warm-up match this weekend. Really not sure what the plan is if one of the 2 hookers picks up a very small injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.