• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 1/4 Final England vs Australia

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Tupou won Super Rugby player of the year as a first year prop, his ball carrying is literally an outlier skill.

I am sure that AAA averages more per carry, and is technically a more proficient carrier in close, but he isn't going to rip a game open through his carries. Tupou has that ability, and its insanely rare, don't think another Australian prop has ever had it to be honest.

Can't be bothered with this line of discussion, please no-one quote those.

Love AAA.

Go Wobs.
I don't disagree - just never seen it as a wobbly. Yet, hopefully.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Looked like 2nd season syndrome to me
As you’re very fond of saying FP - no one should judge test football form on the first half of super rugby.

Tupou was much better in the second half and has been fine for the Wallabies.

Not as good as Ala'alatoa mind - who is our clear best prop, IMO.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Have a spare Cat A ticket available for today if anyone is around and doesn’t have one. Sitting amongst the Wallaby families. 40000 yen, about AU$500

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Eddie was in the gym this morning sweating it out with headphones on. A little birdy told me he is a little anxious about Jordy as he just hasn’t seen enough of him.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
As you’re very fond of saying FP - no one should judge test football form on the first half of super rugby.

Tupou was much better in the second half and has been fine for the Wallabies.

Not as good as Ala'alatoa mind - who is our clear best prop, IMO.

agreed, it isn't all about the player, but also a body of his work being on video, TT looked like he was coming to terms being required to do more work at scrum time, that was affecting his around the ground efforts

Reactions: TSR

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
oh god, if Aus and NZ BOTH lose this weekend this forum will have 3 days of acerbic meltdown blaming <insert shit selection> and of course the ref then by Wednesday next week it'll be a ghost town as the rest of RWC unfolds with SFA fucks given

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Carn Wallabies - fuck losing to the poms
just-do-it-gif.gif

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Could be Poey & Genia's last game... and a few others ?

Should be lots of passion and motivation on the line. Hopefully adds to playing well an smashing the poms

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
agreed, it isn't all about the player, but also a body of his work being on video, TT looked like he was coming to terms being required to do more work at scrum time, that was affecting his around the ground efforts

I actually heard he came back to the Reds during the pre-season overweight and unfit, which is interesting because he had the Wallabies training camp during pre-season. Whatever happened, he wasn’t in the best frame of mind and it flowed to a number of aspects in his game.