• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 1/4 Final New Zealand vs Ireland

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
If that’s what they called I’d be happy. But the refs call was that he came from an off side position which is just weird

He did and then I think he tried to correct himself when he talked about there being no arms. I think it was one of those wrong call, right outcome scenarios.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
He did and then I think he tried to correct himself when he talked about there being no arms. I think it was one of those wrong call, right outcome scenarios.

It was straight out of the Jaco Peyper playbook - make a call then make up a reason for it that does not necessarily make any sense! If Nigel just called "offside" or "no arms" then fine. Not sure about the lying in front of the post bit!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Deeply relaxing viewing, I AM SURE YOU WILL ALL AGREE.
Cane took a fearful hammering at the coalface for the cause 1st half. Not surprised to see him pulled at halftime.
Didnt even realise Moody could play that well. He was firing.

Reece and Bridge didnt put enough of a foot wrong to give Rieko even a sniff next week

Irelands route 1 shit pretty much rogered by their own titty hands. And Captain Darling's panic stations denouement

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
No matter how many times it happens, I always forget that the foxtel IQ box is one of the dumbest machines sold to the public. Completely failed to record the last 10 minutes, because you know, the scheduling says it should be the post game now, so I'll just stop recording this sports event. Ok? Yes, fine. Beware, to any of you that use this service. Switching to Kayo once the cup is over.

You could tell this was All Blacks v Lions #1 from the first minute, they were bloody well up for it. Just a simple demolishing really sums it up. Bridge and Reece were fantastic again! Barrett looks imperious at the back. Brodie looked strong for his 55. Good stuff all round.

England looked bloody strong in their match so to have the AB's back up with that performance was very heartening. It's going to be an absolute cracker of a semi, I'll probably have a semi watching it.

Hard luck to Ireland, they simply peaked between world cups. Where have I heard that before..
Sad way for Rory Best to bow out but that's the way it goes sometimes. No commiserations at all for Conor Murray, can't stand the absolute milking for penalties and whinging to the ref, he's like A. Smith on crack. Just bloody GET QUICK BALL, don't fart about ya muppet!

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
I found it a little odd for the offside. As a no arms tackle it made more sense. Just fell in front of/purposely blocked the Irish player.

He looked injured to me. I think his left shoulder was out of action. Hence the the shoulder charge rather than a tackle attempt.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ got dumped heavily if not illegally a ruck or two prior to an AB try & took a while to get back up. Thought they might've looked at it as it looked a little suss at first glance. Then again Nigel & his TMO seemed to be in constant conversation so maybe it was just a good old-school tackle.

JRoss

Stan Wickham (3)
"The All Blacks appeared to have all the answers even before the Irish knew what the questions were."

Brilliant!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well here it is next morning and I still feeling pretty good, I really enjoyed that game, and I thought it was a fairly tasty performance from ABs. Geez they must be a hard team to defend against, I love the way they take it wide so f***en quickly, then bring the ball back in field and then you stuck with your fatties doing the defending in midfield as all your quick boys have shot to outside and wondering where the ball went! I thought the whole pack went well, agree with earlier comments how well Moody played, as did Lurch and SW, loosies were bloody great, Cane worked his arse off, Ardie was Ardie and Read was not far off MOTM. Smith's speed of service are I believe one of the things that set ABs apart from most teams, and when you got that talent outside you saw what can happen. As I said I thought Read was close to MOTM, but would throw in Smith,ALB , Ardie and BB into the mix. very very pleasing match, now time to start getting nervous about the POms who are also a bloody good team!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
New Zealand played "brave blossoms" rugby, but with bigger humans. Fast, accurate, relentless

or

"brave blossoms" play New Zealand rugby, but with smaller humans

Lost

Ted Fahey (11)
Irish crowd has been fantastic.
Drowned out the haka, got behind the boyos no matter what the score, and gave their departing captain a real roar.

Saw this quote from the NZ captain talking through the importance of the Haka to NZ All good but begs the question that why should the opposition all be bullied into participating and having to passively accept the sideshow “that is all about us”? The fans response was outstanding and should be encouraged. Teams should be free to respond to it in any manner that suits them, without the predictable nonsense that would follow. There is no obligation for any opponent in any legitimate contest to provide such a leg up. Enough is enough.

82C27423-577F-40A7-B7AD-6BEA9FBA9C0B.jpeg

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
FFS Lost not a haka moan, noone with a tick of brains minded the Irish crowd singing (I bet the ABs liked it), I thought it great, it's how Anthems were started by Welsh singing their's during haka way back when!! Noone is bullied into having to anything except same as Samoan , Tongan .Fijians noone is to pass the 10m line, and are free to can turn your back sing a song whatever you want!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
FFS Lost not a haka moan, noone with a tick of brains minded the Irish crowd singing (I bet the ABs loiked it), I thought it great, it's how Anthems were started by Welsh singing their's during haka way back when!! Noone is bullied into having to anything except same as Samoan , Tongan .Fijians noone is to pass the 10m line, and are free to can turn your back sing a song whatever you want!

Problem is, Dan, that while the players and fans like you don't mind what the opposition do, a lot of NZ "fans" and peanut journos like to push the disrespect thing hard if teams don't just stand there like hypnotised cultists staring into the wonder of the Haka. I think the fact that World Rugby mandated what teams should do was a wrong turn some years back. That was the mistake.

Lost

Ted Fahey (11)
FFS Lost not a haka moan, noone with a tick of brains minded the Irish crowd singing (I bet the ABs liked it), I thought it great, it's how Anthems were started by Welsh singing their's during haka way back when!! Noone is bullied into having to anything except same as Samoan , Tongan .Fijians noone is to pass the 10m line, and are free to can turn your back sing a song whatever you want!

Reads comments give clarity around the long running bs about the challenge. Not my words, his. As with so much of the conduct of international rugby it is all about NZ.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)

I'll bet World Rugby bans simultaneous hakas. Imagine the furore if the All Black haka was interrupted by an advancing Samoan challenge.