1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 1/4 Final Wales vs France

Discussion in 'Rugby Matches' started by Dismal Pillock, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Red Dogs Barking Frank Row (1)

2. Up the Guts Peter Sullivan (51)

Seb V, Dismal Pillock and Derpus like this.
  3. Derpus Mark Ella (57)

Right arm about twice the size of the left arm. Probably shopped.
    wamberal likes this.
  4. Seb V Geoff Shaw (53)

Wales lucky yo get through playing 14 men. I don't think they will threaten the Boks too much.
  5. Finsbury Girl Dave Cowper (27)

Yep it was one way traffic until the brain explosion. Wales looked very ordinary indeed. I fully expect a pasting by the bokke.
    notapatrioticboneinme and Seb V like this.
  6. The_Brown_Hornet Michael Lynagh (62)

One can only hope. Wales have fully had the rub of the green through this tournament.
    Seb V likes this.
  7. Spruce Moose Ted Fahey (11)

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/50121693?al

Seems that Jaco has reffed his last game for a while, doubt it is photoshopped. Such a lack of judgement not only with regards to the action but also knowing how controversial the Welsh winning try was.
  8. Seb V Geoff Shaw (53)

I disagree. It just looks like rugby fans having fun and enjoying a win and a ref getting involved with the fun.

I'm surprised he has a sense of humour. This incident blown way out of proportion.
    fatprop, Dan54 and formerflanker like this.
  9. cyclopath Phil Waugh (73)

Fans fraternising with refs after a game - outrageous stuff!
    9C31B1C4-B5C5-4E0D-8E63-C8C4BA4381A3.jpeg
    Seb V likes this.
  10. Up the Guts Peter Sullivan (51)

Probably true. If he'd awarded the red card and Wales had run away with it, it wouldn't look as bad. The fact that Wales won thanks to a pretty controversial non-forward pass call just invites favouritism narratives when you then go and do dopey shit like this.
  11. formerflanker Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Weird way to put it:
    Aaron Wainwright was also instrumental in a key part of the game, as France were reduced to 14 men after lock Sebastien Vahaamahina was sent off for elbowing him in the face. (The Australian)
    Uh huh likes this.
  12. Spruce Moose Ted Fahey (11)

Have no problem fratenising with Fans but to be laughing about the red card incident whilst re enacting it yourself is a step too far for a pro ref in my opinion. Although would have been worse if he re enacted the wales ripping/forward pass incident I guess.
  13. Spruce Moose Ted Fahey (11)

Vahaamahina retired now after the elbow incident at 28, apparently planned but a sad way to end your international career.
    Dan54 likes this.
  14. waiopehu oldboy Tim Horan (67)