• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 England vs Argentina

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The maddening thing is the inconsistency within the game. The rules say that's a red so off he goes at the time Nige said in real time that tackle is fine but his mate in the booth helps him out.

The rules also say that taking a guy out in the air is at least a yellow but apparently there's some level of air now that required or did Nige just decided to ref as he saw it no card. I mean really?

The big boys seem to get the benefit of the doubt and the minnows get screwed. Maddening.

Didn't they decide the players foot was on ground so no t in the air, that what I thought was the case, and thought it was correct .

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ you've gotta wonder how many times a bloke has to get carded before he starts copping the full six weeks or whatever it might be. Clearly the number is greater than seven.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
^ you've gotta wonder how many times a bloke has to get carded before he starts copping the full six weeks or whatever it might be. Clearly the number is greater than seven.
The long form decision contains this fairly laughable statement

The Player was entitled to a 2 week reduction from the starting point of 6 weeks because of 1) his early and frank admissions; 2) his contrition (expressed to his opponent after the match); and 3) his good character, conduct, demeanour and candour prior to and at the hearing.
As can be seen the Player has never received a sanction for dangerous tackling and has had no sanctions imposed upon him since 2016, a period of three years. This can be attributed to professional development he has personally undertaken since 2016 to address his earlier offending and, perhaps also, to his maturing as a player.
The four sanctions he received prior to 2016, in the main, related to dangerous charging and all occurred when the Player was a young and inexperienced player.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Or perhaps fair as it was basically for same crime, shoulder to the head!

I feel Hodge's shoulder to the head should be classified as careless with no intent - in a fast pace situation.

Hard to argue their was no intent on a spear tackle, especially in that fashion. It looked like there was clear intention to drop him on his head. If it was just careless, I think the degree of being 'careless' was more significant then the Hodge tackle.

I guess context is removed when making these decisions.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I feel Hodge's shoulder to the head should be classified as careless with no intent - in a fast pace situation.

Hard to argue their was no intent on a spear tackle, especially in that fashion. It looked like there was clear intention to drop him on his head. If it was just careless, I think the degree of being 'careless' was more significant then the Hodge tackle.

I guess context is removed when making these decisions.

I agree Seb, I was discussing the Lavivni tackle though. I thought the Italian props were lucky to get same!!