• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 SF2: SA vs Wales

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ref: Garces (ERFU must think Ringinland can beat NZ without their fail-safe ref :)).
AR: O'Keefe & Barnes.
TMO: *drumroll* Skeen.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
SA would have to be the favourites by +10 surely?

Yes Wales looked very ordinary.

Hard to see SA being troubled in the slightest.

Bokke by 15 or more I reckon.

The stuff.co.nz predictor, which has so far only been wrong twice, has Wales as 57:43% favourites which to me is a little high. On the other hand tab.co.nz has SA as $1.29:$3.35 which to me is too far the other way.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
The stuff.co.nz predictor, which has so far only been wrong twice, has Wales as 57:43% favourites which to me is a little high. On the other hand tab.co.nz has SA as $1.29:$3.35 which to me is too far the other way.

I see that stuff has NZ 68:32 Eng. That seems out of wack

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep, I think SA will be too good unless Wales have a sudden improvement (which is possible)

Spruce Moose

Fred Wood (13)
Are SA going to make any changes to their starting line up? Their Backline was out of sorts against Japan, do they have a replacement for LeRoux and/or Lukhanyo Am?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Cant see the Springbokke winning this. Wales have to much experience and have our number for a few years now. Wales by 13.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
A6D161EE-41E5-466A-8978-00DFAD9D133F.jpeg

Spruce Moose

Fred Wood (13)
That bench though, reckon it is nearly stronger than the guys running on. Wales would want to be a try or two up at half time to stand a chance.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
You are absolutely dreaming. Wales are garbage and it took the worst Wallaby side since the bloody 70s and a red card for them to get through.

I'll be astounded if you lose.

Gotta drop that le Roux bloke though. Gallant?

Willie will play his best game from now on.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
That is an awesome Bokke lineup. They will win by +14

I just hope Wales batter them around enough for whoever plays them in the final to stand a chance. Unless it's England in which case go the Bokke.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Is it just me or has Mbonambi's rise been pretty quiet? I swear that Hooker at SA was dominated by Smit, then Du Plessis then the incredible Marx. When did Mbonambi become first choice?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Is it just me or has Mbonambi's rise been pretty quiet? I swear that Hooker at SA was dominated by Smit, then Du Plessis then the incredible Marx. When did Mbonambi become first choice?
Started in the warmups.

Marx has not been in great form. Bongi's lineout throws used to be his achilles heel but he has improved out of sight.

As a result Rassie started him with an angry Marx coming on in the second half. It is part of Rassie basically having a new pack on the bench. Marx is more mobile so that helps with increasing the speed of the pack.

Bongi deserves his place though, his work around the breakdown in defense is excellent and he is deadly off the back of lienout drives. SA's most improved player this year for mine.