• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: AUS v ENG (Twickenham): POOL A; 6am (AEDT) Sunday 4 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
If England have to select their best team in an attempt to stay alive in the RWC Cheika's choice of two teams may prove to be a master-stroke. Although I doubt very much we'll see the same players in the 10 and 12 white jumpers come next Sunday.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
1. Scott Sio
2. Stephen Moore (c)
3. Sekope Kepu
4. Rob Simmons
5. Kane Douglas
6. Scott Fardy
7. Michael Hooper
8. David Pocock
9. Nick Phipps
10. Bernard Foley
11. Rob Horne
12. Matt Giteau
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Adam Ashley-Cooper
15. Israel Folau

16. Tatafu Polota-Nau
17. James Slipper
18. Greg Holmes
19. Dean Mumm
20. Ben McCalman
21. Will Genia
22. Matt To'omua
23. Kurtley Beale

That's the team that knocks England out of their home World Cup. :cool:

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mitchell's first 20 minutes were terrible. Weak in contact and didn't treat the ball with security. As long as Horne shuts down the space on May or Watson he won't get beaten for pace.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
What about kick returning or catching the high ball? Mitchell tops Horne in those departments.

Yes he was terrible in the first 10mins but he got better as the game went-on.

Lots of love for Horne but he hasn't done much besides tackle like a demon, which is great but I want more.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Mitchell's first 20 minutes were terrible. Weak in contact and didn't treat the ball with security. As long as Horne shuts down the space on May or Watson he won't get beaten for pace.

Better than AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s first 10 minutes?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Add Genia to your 22, qwerty, and I think you've nailed it. Maybe TGC will start Slipper, but only if he's completely recovered.

domo

Stan Wickham (3)
1. Scott Sio
2. Stephen Moore (Captain)
3. Sekope Kepu
4. Rob Simmons
5. Dean Mumm
6. Scott Fardy
7. Michael Hooper
8. David Pocock
9. Nick Phipps
10. Quade Cooper
11. Drew Mitchell
12. Matt Giteau (Kicker)
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Adam Ashley-Cooper
15. Israel Folau

16. Tatafu Polota-Nau
17. James Slipper
18. Greg Holmes
19. Kane Douglas
20. Sean McMahon
21. Will Genia
22. Matt To'omua
23. Rob Horne

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
England's back 3 are scary, I'd like to nullify them as much as possible and Horne's the man to do that.

I like hearing this!

This was always a big game for us Poms, but after yesterday it becomes even bigger! Hopefully Twickenham will be bouncing. From watching the last few games I'd select this team, though who knows what Lancaster will do... :(

1. Marler
2. Youngs
3. Wilson
4. Lawes
5. Launchbury
6. Wood
7. Robshaw
8. Vunipola

9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. May
12. Burgess (He has been playing unlike Slade, not the the game to be out of match sharpness)
13. Joseph
14. Watson
15. Brown.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Did I miss some news? if he is out for the whole pool stages then we're f*cked. They won't play Slade now and the others can't bloody pass, so our back 3 will only get the ball when kicked too! Grrrrr!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Genia, Moore and Holmes the only guys on the bench not used. I suspect they'll all start.

Phipps was good yesterday but I don't think his 'pass first look second' game is right for that pommy rushing defence.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I hope the coaches saw how Wales got their try against the Poms: by playing deep and throwing a cutout to 13, and putting it through the hands to get around their rush defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.