• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: AUS v WAL (Twickenham): POOL A; 2:45am (AEDT) Sunday 11 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
I agree, people got a little excited following the scrums performance against England, but it's definitely not a attacking weapon that has other teams running scared. Ireland, France and definitely Argentina will back themselves against the Wallaby scrum.
You have too much else in your game to get fixated on the scrum, IMHO. Brilliant game and win for Australia, I hope we are playing you in a semi final in a fortnight!!!! Hope the Wale can dust themselves down. Great game, truly great game!!!!

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I agree, people got a little excited following the scrums performance against England, but it's definitely not a attacking weapon that has other teams running scared. Ireland, France and definitely Argentina will back themselves against the Wallaby scrum.

Time for a contest, then. Fortunately we have some RWC finals coming up.

G

galumay

If any mod wants to do us a favour & delete post about it..

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Thats taking tin hat paranoia to a new level!

Trust me the citing officer is not reading G&G to see if he missed any incidents in the game.

It will either be cited or not, irrelevant of what is posted here.

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
A game for the ages ....You couldn't make up that kind of senario . I kind of like McCock ( or McPo , take your pick ) .... McPooper would be a tantalizing prospect only Fardy is an absolute gun and McMalman offers a lot . I felt good when Simmons came on and Phipps added some zing .... I suppose every game now will test the mind as much as the body .... The boys climbed Everest today to secure that win ... They now have K2 to contend with ( it's a tougher climb than Everest ) ...Base camp next ... what a great World Cup !

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
A game for the ages ..You couldn't make up that kind of senario . I kind of like McCock ( or McPo , take your pick ) .. McPooper would be a tantalizing prospect only Fardy is an absolute gun and McMalman offers a lot . I felt good when Simmons came on and Phipps added some zing .. I suppose every game now will test the mind as much as the body .. The boys climbed Everest today to secure that win . They now have K2 to contend with ( it's a tougher climb than Everest ) .Base camp next . what a great World Cup !

That's a point. No Phipps home run passes today. Good.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Well, there's milking and there's attacking. Actually going for the big drive isn't milking the scrum for penalties. Milking is exposing the collapse on the hit.
Cheika and Ledesma know enough about the game to realise that beating up the English and Welsh scrums is not the same as beating up the Irish, French or Argentinian scrums. Hope Folau is OK, looked very shakey in that second half.

G

galumay

The takeaway from tonite is no more and no less than holding outt a tier 1 team for nearly 10 minutes with 2 men warming the pine.

I have seen it at super level, cant remember it at test level.

Thats something special, it will give the team huge self belief of ability under pressure.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Meh, you're trolling now. My argument is that Pocock's knee isn't obviously deliberate. Posting a picture of an MMA fight is just the most obvious folderol.

A. You said knee strikes were okay in rugby, I didn't;
B.) Didn't post it, linked to it;
C.) I'm not clear myself if it's obvious or deliberate or not. But don't agree that any sort of striking is fine, whether it's incidental or not. If Tipuric freed his leg from Pocock's grasp by sending a knee to his chest as opposed to grabbing him, or putting the knee to the hip, or on the ground, or just about any other place other than the chest, I really doubt people would be saying there was nothing in it.

He's not even been cited yet, so it's really not for anyone to say. I'm just disagreeing with the "knees strikes are okay" sentiment. If they were, Tuilagi wouldn't have gotten a ban.

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Great defence from Australia. They would want to be careful of looking to milk every scrum for penalties, IMHO. You are solid but a good loose head, which Paul James is not, in a month of Sunday's, will straighten up Kepu. Be it Ireland, France or Argentina you meet in the semi finals, you will be seriously disabused if you think you scrum is a weapon. But great stuff when you went down to 13 men. Can the Wale go to the well again? Looks like Bandy legs is gone now as well.
Wales need to unearth another loosehead pretty quickly. James was an improvement over Gethin but both are on their last legs. Thought the Welsh scrum was much better but held back as hookers these days can't strike properly for the ball. I hate that most modern hookers are backrowers that have changed position. The art of hooking has largely been forgotten.
Wales held Australia quite easily on put in but only came under pressure on the secondary shove when Baldwin tried (poorly) to get the ball back. Australia on their ball were helped by a quick strike by Moore

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
CQ-cQJPWIAAwa3t.png

Payten (rightly) says this is getting ridiculous. Adds that he's not against someone from the losing team getting it but he needs to be a standout.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
The takeaway from tonite is no more and no less than holding outt a tier 1 team for nearly 10 minutes with 2 men warming the pine.

I have seen it at super level, cant remember it at test level.

Thats something special, it will give the team huge self belief of ability under pressure.

It's a good point. The Wobs haven't shown a great deal in attack. Some, but not lots. But they've produced a defensive performance for the ages.

T

TOCC

Cheika says Pocock had a bang to calf. Came off as precaution among late sub flurry. Folau similar to last week re: ankle. #RWC2015

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
I am not sure if anyone else had to check the back of their shorts like I did when Foley went down in the 2nd half.......talk about an O-shit moment!

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
re the pocock incident. looks to be something in it but its really pretty marginal. Wouldn't be surprise if he misses a week, but the evidence isn't convincing.

Status
Not open for further replies.