• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: AUS v WAL (Twickenham): POOL A; 2:45am (AEDT) Sunday 11 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Seems like you owe me $1000! (for those who missed it we had a little bet about whether Pocock would be cited after the kneeing action. Benaud offered 20-1 against him being cited which I found a little too attractive to ignore.

In the spirit of the game we all love, and given that gambling on G&G is probably against the rules, how about I let you off with donating the stake of $50 to G&G?

I'm happy with that (given he didn't get cited and you owe me $50 - that makes me feel generous)!

notapatrioticboneinme

Sydney Middleton (9)
Umm no. I'm a die hard AB supporter but I like seeing rugby at its best and Pocock is a phenomenal player, so I want him out playing. Many of the NZ rugby fans I know are of the same thinking.

Ahhh that's why i said, 'the posters who are ...." I never said that ALL NZ'ers were; go to the referred NZ rugby forum and read them yourself ...

It get's frustrating with social media when other posters don't read your post properly; happens on this forum a lot by the read of it

dru

Tim Horan (67)
If everyone wins by less than 15, and assuming Australia, Ireland and South Africa win the other 3 matches:

oagdn3W.png

Even if you beat Scotland by 300, it won't affect your ranking points.

OK, so that just gave me a giggle. Have to admit it. But let's see where we all end up when we bail out... Or not!

Now for the Scots.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
That's it SA and AUS fans - get ahead of yourselves and think about the final.

I can see what you're doing there, but we're onto you! We understand perfrectly well the effect that Internet debate has on the outcome of games, and have gone back into training for the quarters and semis. I practised three grimaces and six stiff upper lips this morning. And a kind of dour smirk, in case we win.

Status
Not open for further replies.