• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: NZ v TONGA (Newcastle): POOL C

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
Suspect that this will be yet another scrappy affair as tends to be the case when NZ has played Tonga in the past.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
In related news, Naholo has picked up an a light (currently, anyway) injury to his right leg. For those not paying attention, that's the same leg he fractured against Argentina.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
In related news, Naholo has picked up an a light (currently, anyway) injury to his right leg. For those not paying attention, that's the same leg he fractured against Argentina.

You mean the one that was healed by magic leaves? Surely not.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
ALL BLACKS: Ben Smith, Nehe Milner-Skudder, Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Waisake Naholo, Dan Carter, Aaron Smith, Kieran Read (c), Sam Cane, Jerome Kaino, Luke Romano, Sam Whitelock, Owen Franks, Dane Coles, Tony Woodcock. Reserves: Keven Mealamu, Wyatt Crockett, Ben Franks, Brodie Retallick, Liam Messam, Tawera Kerr-Barlow, Beauden Barrett, Sonny Bill Williams

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tonga: 15 Vungakoto Lilo, 14 Telusa Veainu, 13 Siale Piutau, 12 Latiume Fosita, 11 Fetu'u Vainikolo, 10 Kurt Morath, 9 Sonatane Takulua, 8 Viliami Ma'afu, 7 Nili Latu (c), 6 Sione Kalamafoni, 5 Joseph Tuineau, 4 Tukulua Lokotui, 3 Halani Aulika, 2 Elvis Taione, 1 Soane Tonga'uiha.
Replacements: 16 Paula Ngauamo, 17 Sona Taumalolo, 18 Sila Puafisi, 19 Steve Mafi, 20 Jack Ram, 21 Samisoni Fisilau, 22 Viliami Tahitua, 23 Will Helu.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
McCaw's injury is going to be the catalyst for NZ winning the tournament. Just need Carter to go down now.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Tonga have improved since the last RWC and while NZ should win reasonably well, it's bound to be a physcial encounter.

Always love watching the PI boys play the ABs.:)

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
You mean the one that was healed by magic leaves? Surely not.

I am puzzled by all the doubters and scoffers I have read posting about his injury.
He suffers a minor hairline fracture, that normally takes 6-8 weeks to heal. Not a break. 10 weeks after his injury the world cup starts, so 12 weeks after his injury he plays his first game.

From what I read, part of the treatment involves no movement of the leg and massages. So no weight bearing + increasing blood flow + psychological benefits+using plants with known medicinal properties + time = a leg healed as to be expected. Nothing miraculous going on. His leg healed in the normal time frame.

I think the news media have go a little silly in their reporting of this too.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Penalty against woodcock for boring in but tongan tighthead looked to fold after taking intial shove.
Try to B smith.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Some slick handling skills from ABs in lead up to that try.
Carter converts from sideline. 7-0

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Yeah, the droppsies from the Georgia B game are continuing. Reads lame attempt on the opening kickoff was woeful too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.