• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool B: All Blacks vs Springbokke, Sat 21st September, 18h45 , International Stadium Yokohama

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
New Zealand

15 Beauden Barrett 14 Sevu Reece, 13 Anton Lienert-Brown, 12 Ryan Crotty, 11 George Bridge, 10 Richie Mo’unga, 9 Aaron Smith, 8 Kieran Read (captain), 7 Sam Cane, 6 Ardie Savea, 5 Scott Barrett, 4 Sam Whitelock, 3 Nepo Laulala, 2 Dane Coles, 1 Joe Moody

Substitutes: 16 Codie Taylor, 17 Ofa Tuungafasi, 18 Angus Ta’avao, 19 Patrick Tuipulotu, 20 Shannon Frizell, 21 TJ Perenara, 22 Sonny Bill Williams, 23 Ben Smith
Sprinkbokke: 15 Willie le Roux, 14 Cheslin Kolbe, 13 Lukhanyo Am, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Makazole Mapimpi, 10 Handre Pollard, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Siya Kolisi (captain), 5 Franco Mostert, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Malcolm Marx, 1 Steven Kitshoff

Substitutes: 16 Bongi Mbonambi, 17 Tendai Mtawarira, 18 Trevor Nyakane, 19 RG Snyman, 20 Francois Louw, 21 Herschel Jantjies, 22 Frans Steyn, 23 Jesse Kriel

MATCH OFFICIALS:

Referee: Jérôme Garcès (France)
Assistant 1: Romain Poite (France)
Assistant 2: Karl Dickson (England)
TMO: Graham Hughes (England)

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Honestly I can't pick a winner for this game. My guess is the game is won by 5 points or less. I'm taking the Boks to beat the line

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
I strongly suspect that, unlike in Wellington, Kolbe and the Pimp are going to be dead in the sights of Smith, Mo'unga and Barrett. Backed up with genuine pace from Bridge and Reece's chasing, and I think they'll be in for tough night. Their pace will also come in handy if the Bok's are going to continue running that extremely compact rush defence.....

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Go the Bokke.

Fuck the All Blacks (although bogan is in my fantasy team so hopefully he goes alright).

Reactions: dru

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
I strongly suspect that, unlike in Wellington, Kolbe and the Pimp are going to be dead in the sights of Smith, Mo'unga and Barrett. Backed up with genuine pace from Bridge and Reece's chasing, and I think they'll be in for tough night. Their pace will also come in handy if the Bok's are going to continue running that extremely compact rush defence...
Yeah, ABs will have a plan, for sure.

Sounds like there's going to be heavy rain so the forward battle will be of utmost importance.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
If BB was at 10 I'd have the ABs to win. But don't trust Richie to do it. Pollard will steer the biltong boys to victory through the weather.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
This two dont need a WC to bring out the best of the players. Win or lose both will meet in the final again if everything goes their way.

Prefer that Herschel Jantjies , the Beast, Bongi and RP Snyman should have started.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
This two dont need a WC to bring out the best of the players. Win or lose both will meet in the final again if everything goes their way.

Prefer that Herschel Jantjies , the Beast, Bongi and RP Snyman should have started.
I think England will have something to say about that, unfortunately.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Hey Dru, out of curiosity are you an Aussie from SA?

No I'm an Aussie who spent 10 years in England.

Some time ago G&GR asked me to get involved in writing in the areas ... that they dont have a lot of writers. That was the Force and RSA. I did my best, got involved, and spent a lot of time trying to understand African rugby. And Perth.

That was then.

I don't spend a lot of time anymore really trying to work out African rugby. But I have a great respect for it. And I'm done with the typical claim from average NZ fan that says they are rational open people without rugby arrogance stuffed up their ... hmm rugby ability.

I genuinely wish the best for the Bokke. And I genuinely will follow whatever team the Kiwis are up against.

(And then I will grudgingly respect the magnificence of Kiwi rugby, as a beautiful thing of great quality. But only when I have to. And not earlier.)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Some time ago G&GR asked me to get involved in writing in the areas . that they dont have a lot of writers. That was the Force and RSA. I did my best, got involved, and spent a lot of time trying to understand African rugby. And Perth.

Thanks for the reply, I've always appreciated your knowledge of RSA rugby.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
EEy3NbNUYAIROif.jpg:large

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Can only assume Goodhue is not fit enough/not being risked, and am still massively uncomfortable with Ta'avao there. Apart from the first scrum he struggled in Wellington as far as I recall. Will also be in some strife if both Crotty and Williams go down, which is entirely plausible.

Elsewise, the starting scrum should be strong, and there's all the weapons on the park to attack the Bok centre and wingers.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
For AB's:
Rettalick still injured?
Not liking BB at 15, and the backrow - although individually all amazing players is awfully unbalanced.
Both wings are still pretty fresh for test footy not sure how they will perform under RWC pressure.

I'm backing Boks for this one.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm surprised people don't think much of Barrett at the back. The guy is quite clearly a fullback; good in the air, quick, enters the line well, can kick, excellent cover defender. Mo'unga has the far superior passing game all round -- he doesn't massively telegraph long passes, for one -- and particularly with shorts passes at the line.

Though, in saying that, I hope rival coaches hold the same opinions on Barrett. Much easier to win if the opposition thinks you done gone goofed. Ditto, what some think about ALB. Though admittedly not on here.