• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool D - Wallabies v Georgia, Friday 11th October, 9.15pm ADST

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Do we expect a full dress rehearsal for England (likely)? I reckon we will from 6-15, the tight 5 is pretty set so we might leave a few of those blokes out of the danger zone for this match.

positions under query IMO:

6 - Dempsey or LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) - Dempsey
9 - Genia or White - Genia
10 - Lilo, Foley or To'omua - Lilo
13 - TK or JOC (James O'Connor) - TK
14 - has to be Petaia to play himself into the jersey in the 1/4 over Hodge
15 - Beale or DHP - DHP. Beale to 23

Reactions: TSR

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
The selection of 15 might depend on the selection of 12 & 13 (and maybe 10 - although I personally think it is unlikely they will pick To'omua at 10).

I expect JOC (James O'Connor) to fill one of the jerseys, in which case DHP at 15.

If they happen to go with Kerevi & TK, then I think Beale at 15 becomes a lot more likely.

For what it’s worth, my pick -
Genia
Lealiifano
Koroibete
Kerevi
JOC (James O'Connor)
Petaia
DHP

White
To'omua
Beale

Edit: and Dempsey at 6. Rest Ala'alatoa, but otherwise play the starting team v England. Tupou to play off the bench and then, if he plays well, to hold his spot vs England.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Nice team. I'd probably start White over Genia as I think Genia's impact off the bench is much better, and White services is a bit faster which is better served at the start of the match.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Yeah - it’s flip of a coin for me. I think they’ve both looked better off the bench.

Won’t be disappointed if White gets the nod. Hopefully he can find the form from Perth.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Maybe - but I’d pick Petaia anyway, and I think To'omua & Beale are better bench options

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Hopefully we won't see Hodge again.

White is shite. Genia to start for our last 2 games.

Unfortunately we are stuck with either Beale or DHP at fullback. A shit sandwich either way.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I'd like to see

4. Rodda
5. Arnold
6. Dempsey
7. Pocock
8. Naisirani
9. White
10. Lilo
11. Koirobete
12. Kerevi
13. TK
14. Petaia
15. DHP

19./20. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)/Coleman

21. Genia
22. To'omua
23. O'Connor

Full strength pack, let them have a tough hitout in QF to get comfy together again before the QF.

Give Petaia another crack, and try TK and Kerevi together. Lets give them another shot together, as Georgia wont be enough of a threat to really need that second playmaking option. White to marshall the forwards, Lilo to just get the centres into the game and let them make meters with clear instructions to look for support after making a break. Test that out, as we know what Beiber at 13 gives us now. Lets have a look at TK again and if it works....

Beale to have a week off doing sprints just because he usually needs it. Beibs can cover any position required.

A mutterer

Desmond Connor (43)
Hopefully we won't see Hodge again.

White is shite. Genia to start for our last 2 games.

Unfortunately we are stuck with either Beale or DHP at fullback. A shit sandwich either way.

no way id be running genia at start of game. his slow service and unwillingness to stick his head into a ruck when our pack havent asserted go forward is a major liability and leaves little for everyone outside. especially if the pack is going backwards.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
The Oz reporting that To'omua will get a run at 10 in this game as part of Lilo's game management ahead of the quarters. Also probably to see how he goes there fresh. Inferring:

6. Pocock
7. Hooper
8. Naisarani
10. To'omua
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. O'Connor
14. Petaia

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Still looks like there is some experimentation going on in an effort to determine the best starters and combinations for the QF. Wouldn't be totally surprised to see Foley start or on the bench at No 9 to give one of White/Genia a rest.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Still looks like there is some experimentation going on in an effort to determine the best starters and combinations for the QF. Wouldn't be totally surprised to see Foley start or on the bench at No 9 to give one of White/Genia a rest.

I think it makes sense to give Lilo a breather ahead of the quarters, considering his situation. It also makes sense to give To'omua a start at 10 to see if he carries his form from the bench into the opening stanza. I'm not sure if Pocock/hooper is experimentation anymore, I'm inclined to think they're running with it. Probably the only experiment is to see if Petaia is the starter at 14 for the quarters.

All that said Cheika likes to keep the opposition guessing, so who knows! I reckon they know what their preferred starting line up is, whether we do is another matter.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Maybe its worth experimenting with Kuridrani at 13. I used to get so excited about a 12. Kerevi and 13. Kuridrani centre partnership.

They just need to pass and it could be a thing of beauty.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'd like to see

4. Rodda
5. Arnold
6. Dempsey
7. Pocock
8. Naisirani
9. White
10. Lilo
11. Koirobete
12. Kerevi
13. TK
14. Petaia
15. DHP

19./20. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)/Coleman

21. Genia
22. To'omua
23. O'Connor

Full strength pack, let them have a tough hitout in QF to get comfy together again before the QF.

Give Petaia another crack, and try TK and Kerevi together. Lets give them another shot together, as Georgia wont be enough of a threat to really need that second playmaking option. White to marshall the forwards, Lilo to just get the centres into the game and let them make meters with clear instructions to look for support after making a break. Test that out, as we know what Beiber at 13 gives us now. Lets have a look at TK again and if it works..

Beale to have a week off doing sprints just because he usually needs it. Beibs can cover any position required.

“Full strength pack” without our captain and probably best forward so far in this RWC?

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Maybe its worth experimenting with Kuridrani at 13. I used to get so excited about a 12. Kerevi and 13. Kuridrani centre partnership.

They just need to pass and it could be a thing of beauty.
Would love to see some plays where Kerevi or TK receive the ball from the flyhalf and they pass it back to Koroibete steaming through on the inside.

Try-ranosaurus Rex

Darby Loudon (17)
So could we viably end up with 4 centres on the field in:

10. To'omua
12. Kerevi
13. JOC (James O'Connor)
14. Petaia

Would be interesting to see. I'm not sold on 11. Koro 14. Petaia & 15. DHP.... Only one boot between them.