• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool D - Wallabies vs Uruguay -Saturday October 5 2019 @ 2:15pm

B

Bobby Sands

Jordy will lock down a wing spot on the back of this game is my prediction.

Hodge, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), etc are just not top flight wingers to my eye - but lets see how he goes shall we.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I've been really impressed with what little I've seen of Jordy, just hope this isn't too soon. I also hope he doesn't read GAGR, as the level of expectation on a teenager with only a handful of Super games under his belt is, as so often on here when we haven't seen much of them, completely over the top.
The less everyone has seen, the more likely they are to be the new messiah!

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yeah classic Aussie rugby -- the latest red-hot young player is going to solve all of our issues!

I just hope he gives a good account of himself and doesn't get injured.
He won't solve all our issues but he has the potential to solve the 14 jersey which has been an issue for a while now.

B

Bobby Sands

Everyone who says there’s not much footage of him should refer to his entire season of NRC, which was to say the least scintillating.

Before everyone says “but that’s just NRC” he took that exact form into Soup and was best on ground against the Higjlanders.

The year prior he played 10 or so games at 17/18 and score a handful of tries and never looked out of place.

If fit (uncertain) he is definitely in our best backline. If you want to see why he’s so highly rated in addition to his Super rugby games, go and watch the FULL games for QLD Country.

Throw in his schoolboy highlights too, just for a laugh/good measure.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I realise that Coleman and Simmo are “yesterday’s men” but honest, check out the options for the line out. It’s enough to bring a tear to my eye. Even Hooper will take a long ball. Looking forward to the set piece big time.

Reactions: TSR

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I assume that Sio was deemed more needing a rest or maybe nursing some sort of injury. With only 5 props it is hard to give everyone a spell. Hopefully they get Ala'alatoa off after about 30 though.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
I assume that Sio was deemed more needing a rest or maybe nursing some sort of injury. With only 5 props it is hard to give everyone a spell. Hopefully they get Ala'alatoa off after about 30 though.

Didn't AAA's sit out the Samoa warm up game which Sio had a run in? might just be AAA's Sio's turn from a minutes played point of view.

Bobas

Darby Loudon (17)
Didn't AAA's sit out the Samoa warm up game which Sio had a run in? might just be AAA's turn from a minutes played point of view.
3 Sekope Kepu, 2 Jordan Uelese, 1 James Slipper
16 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 17 Scott Sio, 18Taniela Tupou
how much do I charge for a google?

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
3 Sekope Kepu, 2 Jordan Uelese, 1 James Slipper
16 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 17 Scott Sio, 18Taniela Tupou
how much do I charge for a google?

haha... thanks.. and I mean't to say it might be Sio's turn not AAA's.

Bobas

Darby Loudon (17)
haha. thanks.. and I mean't to say it might be Sio's turn not AAA's.
You're right, but I still think AAA is more important than Sio.
There's the exceptional AAA then a rainbow of daylight and then IMO TT, then Kepu.
Sio and Slipper are on level pegging for mine and then Kepu or even Robertson are handy enough.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You're right, but I still think AAA is more important than Sio.
There's the exceptional AAA then a rainbow of daylight and then IMO TT, then Kepu.
Sio and Slipper are on level pegging for mine and then Kepu or even Robertson are handy enough.

I would say that Sio has put himself on another level above Slipper recently.......... his ball running against Wales on Sunday was very impressive.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
That team against that opposition, should be a slaughter. Anything less than 50 will be a fail.

AUS to keep the tryless. I expect we will score 10 + trys. Score of 100 very possible.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not sure why To'omua is playing in a position he won't play again this tournament. Not sure why he is playing at all given we can't afford him any chance of injury.

JOC (James O'Connor) must be the backup 10/12.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him with some gametime at 10.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Not sure why To'omua is playing in a position he won't play again this tournament. Not sure why he is playing at all given we can't afford him any chance of injury.

JOC (James O'Connor) must be the backup 10/12.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him with some gametime at 10.

I'd imagine To'omua might move to 10 when JOC (James O'Connor) comes on, so if you mean 'him' as in To'omua, yes he might get some time at 10... and who knows, maybe they are considering a different shape for one of their future games with To'omua at 12... or maybe it's just a lark so the old Brumbies boys can all play together.