• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: SAM v SCO (Newcastle): POOL B

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
do the samoans have a good game in them ? or do the Scots a bad one ?

could we see an upset and Japan go through, i am assuming they will beat the US

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Scotland by 20. I'm guessing Samoa will have 1 leg on the plane already and will be completely disinterested in putting up a fight.

Reactions: BDA

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
29cbc12f41b75be533c124fd049034b1.jpg

Cotter taking no chances. Best possible starting 15 with available players, with the possible exception of Strauss vs Wilson.

Good bench to round it off, although I'd have preferred Weir over Horne just for this game. If things started going pear shaped, I'd have preferred his squatter body and kicking game, Horne is more versatile and free flowing, but he might just get smashed instead, a la the States game.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Samoa: 15 Tim Nanai-Williams, 14 Paul Perez, 13 George Pisi, 12 Rey Lee-Lo, 11 Fa'atoina Autagavaia, 10 Tusi Pisi, 9 Kahn Fotuali'i (c), 8 Alafoti Faosiliva, 7 Jack Lam, 6 Maurie Faasavalu, 5 Kane Thompson, 4 Teofilo Paulo, 3 Census Johnston, 2 Ma'atulimanu Leiataua, 1 Sakari Taulafo.
Replacements: 16 Motu Matu'u, 17 Viliamu Afatia, 18 Anthony Perenise, 19 Faifili Levave, 20 Vavae Tuilagi, 21 Vavao Afemai, 22 Patrick Faapale, 23 Ken Pisi.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Samoa hit back off the kickoff. Pisi scores in the corner.

Samoa 8-3 with conversion to come.

Scots need to work out the receiving kickoffs, the 2 ones so far have been very poor.

Pisi converts and the score is 10-3 after 11.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Seymour scores another intercept off the kickoff. 10-8 with conversion to come.

Laidlaw doesn't miss, and 10-10 after 12.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Jesus christ, kickoff recieves are bloody awful.

Samoans hit back, hooker goes over. Pisi misses and its 15-10 after 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.