• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Week 4 matches

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
"Owing to the level 5 evacuation order remaining operational following Typhoon Hagibis, World Rugby and the Japan 2019 Organising Committee have cancelled today’s Rugby World Cup 2019 Pool B match between Namibia and Canada in Kamaishi on safety grounds."

Stadiums for Wales v Uruguay & Japan v Scotland being inspected, no mention of USA v Tonga venue being inspected so presumably it's good to go.

https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/news/510716

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I see the refs hands are tied given the yellow earlier. My beef is with the rulings. The first samoan yellow should not of even been a penalty imo but again the referees are just doing as they're told.

I think this referee has done a pretty good job.

I was pissed at the yellow too, but I then watched real hard when Ireland were attacking the line real hard, and you know what, I counted at least 12 times I watched an Irish player just drop his head (as most do close to drive over line) and each time they were tackled without head contact, so just maybe it can be done with correct technique, though as I said I still pissed with cards, not sure what answer is as sure as shit we know someone will sue Rugby for brain damage some day!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
And on the game, Samoa really haven't got much have they? They seem to be like Georgia was against Wallabies, very slow to respond to turnover ball or breaks any of them made, just to slow to get in support.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
cancelled today’s Rugby World Cup 2019 Pool B match between Namibia and Canada in Kamaishi on safety grounds."

building the new stadium was very inspirational and courageous and all that but plonking it RIGHT in the path of where a 10 metre tsunami passed through, right down at sea level, was, in hindsight, not the flashest idea

02_Kamaishi_Recovery_Memorial_Stadium_160316_2.jpg

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
building the new stadium was very inspirational and courageous and all that but plonking it RIGHT in the path of where a 10 metre tsunami passed through, right down at sea level, was, in hindsight, not the flashest idea

02_Kamaishi_Recovery_Memorial_Stadium_160316_2.jpg

i'm particularly impressed by how they managed to keep all the boundary trees in a straight line.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
How is it that all these matches invariably get a blithering French idiot as the ref yet the biggest nothing matchup of the whole tourney in USA vs Tonga gets..... Nigel Owen.

B

Bobby Sands

If Tonga can't beat USA something is seriously going wrong in the pacific nations rugby programs (to state the obvious).

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Tonga hampered by none of their players seeming to have shut-the-gate acceleration so half breaks go uncapitalised on plus support runners just too fat/lazy