1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SA vs Aus - SA cricket Tour 2011

Discussion in 'Cricket' started by PaarlBok, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Lindommer Andrew Slack (58)

Did I read this right: Saffers all out for 96? F U Watson reaped 5 wickets for 17 runs? What's the world coming to? Useless bastard couldn't take a hat-trick, sack him!

Absolutely imperative now Australia bat for two days, they simply must make the Saffers bat about lunch time, or shortly after, on day 4. Let's see how our latest spinner shapes up.
  2. Swarley Bob Loudon (25)

22-9. The lowest total ever in test cricket. Need for more runs to beat NZ's 1955 grand total of 26. Fuck.
  3. Swarley Bob Loudon (25)

28-9. Not the worst innings ever anymore! Huzzah!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So all out for 47. Still 29 overs to go today. Lyon and Siddle the only 'batsmen' to make double digit scores. I've never seen anything like it.
    AngrySeahorse likes this.
  4. light Peter Fenwicke (45)

Hughes needs to be dropped immediately, as does Ponting and Haddin. Utterly hopeless
    tigerland12, Swarley and RugbyReg like this.
  5. Swat Chilla Wilson (44)

Just woke up and checked the score. Shit got real
    AngrySeahorse and Jnor like this.
  6. MrTimms Ken Catchpole (46)

The embarrassing thing, for SA, is we can still win this. After that innings. Top score of 14. Shit.
    AngrySeahorse likes this.
  7. mark_s Chilla Wilson (44)

I'm gutted, 47 FFS. How much lower can we go? SA will win and win comfortably. BTW, if the pakies got all out for 47 the calls for a match fixing investigation would be deafeining.
    Ruggo, Swarley, DPK and 1 other person like this.
  8. Moses Simon Poidevin (60)

Great day of cricket, love it when the bowlers are on top. how different it could have been if we'd dismissed them for 2 fewer runs and enforced the follow-on!
    Pitch didn't look that bad to me (though I haven't seen the Aussie innings), Watson bowled a good line and length with some swing. Good spell, but not 5/15 good.

and this..
  9. AngrySeahorse Peter Sullivan (51)

I've been watching the test cricket, like others I'm shocked at whats happening but that I believe is what 20/20 mentality has done to cricket players everywhere. Too much "lets go all ADHD & smack the ball for 6 obsession" and not enough "ok I'm looking to use all my cunning & skills to hang out there as long as possible and build a decent score" mentality. Of course it could be good bowling or just the pitch & not the batters but I still think 20/20 is involved here.

I'm only in my late 20s but test cricket is always the best form for mine. On the positive side either team could win it now although I'd put us just ahead.
    gman and Swat like this.
  10. Swat Chilla Wilson (44)

Agree, on all points angry, and we're the same age. are you my alter ego?
  11. Swarley Bob Loudon (25)

I'm with you Angry. I think Haddin's dismissal is a perfect example of that. It was a shocking attempt at a slog and it cost him dearly. Don't they know that Tests go for 5 days? Plenty of time to slow things down and build up a reasonable score but the T20 mentality has ruined that. I don't think it's just the pitch- SA are currently 1/81.

On another note, Hughes' technique still has some major flaws. His dismissal was embarrassing. Get Khawaja in there ASAP.
    AngrySeahorse and Swat like this.
  12. AngrySeahorse Peter Sullivan (51)

Lol, can you have a female as an alter ego?

Agree. I actually like Hadden and Hughes. Hadden has shown that when he concentrates he can put together a solid innings. Hughes is a real talent but just hasnt learnt to add some orthodoxy to his batting at test level and thats where he is getting found out, it wasnt too long ago he was belting SA all over the park but I think everyones onto him now. He either has to adapt soon or die. I remember Khawjaja in the ashes, whilst he didnt get a huge score I was impressed with his patience and shot selection, he does deserve another go for sure.
  13. RugbyReg George Smith (75)

My team for the first test in Brisbane.

1 Michael Hussey
    2 David Warner
    3 Usman Kwajha (spelling?)
    4 Michael Clarke
    5 George Bailey
    6 Shane Watson
    7 Tim Paine
    8 Ben Cutting
    9 Ryan Harris
    10 Trent Copeland.
    11 Patrick Cummins

Need to firm up these openers though. Chris Lynn will be close once he's back on the field.
    kambah mick likes this.
  14. light Peter Fenwicke (45)

I'd have.
    Katich - Get over the hate for your captain and play for your country, you have talent most of us wish we could have, use it to silence the critics, not the media.
    Warner - Averaging over 60 in first class cricket, can put us on the front foot from the first ball.
    Khawaja - Looked promising previously, Ponting should be shown the door averaging just 18 runs per innings in the last year.
    Hussey - Number 4 is his spot, no lower, no higher. Mr Cricket has his critics but he is a proven performer who will find his touch.
    Clarke - Captain and our best batsman
    Watson - Needs to be lower in the order although due to stubbornness of CA looks unlikely. He's a class player and will find form soon.
    Paine - Our future keeper, can bat too. Haddin looks lost and confused at the crease, may be a year past his use by date.
    Copeland - Johnson should be binned forever, Copeland looks promising when given the chance
    Harris - Our best bowler behind Watson
    Pattinson - Young up and comer, worth trying as we have nothing else. Spinner could be useful too
    Cummins - same deal as Pattinson

Please, use the axe cricket australia, we have had enough of under-performing players. If you are fair dinkum about improving our reputation and ranking you need to get rid of the guys dragging the chain and look to the future.
  15. RugbyReg George Smith (75)

Has Kat got runs since he's been dropped? He's got wickets I know, and whinged a fair bit but has he scored runs?
  16. Cutter Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Maybe not the right place, but close enough.An hilarious, and insightful, article from Stuart MacGill. I've always liked MacGill. I met him at a charity event once. He hung around afterwards and had a beer (joined our shout in fact) and was good fun.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...ne-to-panel-20111112-1ncu9.html#ixzz1dVQaxbT8

17. tigerland12 John Thornett (49)

1- Shaun Marsh
    2- Shane Watson
    3- Usman Khwaja
    4- Michael Clarke
    5- Michael Hussey
    6- Mitchell Marsh
    7- Tim Paine
    8- Nathan Hauritz
    9- Ryan Harris
    10- Mitchell Starc
    11- Cummins

That's my side if everyone is fit ( i know Paine, Starc and now Marsh are injured). Hauritz never should of been dropped in the first place. Mitch Marsh is a fucking talent as is Usman Khwaja.

I liked the look of Starc before he got injured (unfourtunatly very injury prone like Shaun Marsh), and Cummins offers alot more then the other quicks we have, aside from Harris.
  18. PaarlBok Rod McCall (65)

Meanwhile Warner joined the Aussie sqaud. Memoriable win by SA in the first test. Excellent bowling by Philander, a man not many Saffers knew before this test. He has been in and out the Cape Cobra (Boland and WP) side. S Conrad the x Cobra coach dropped him two years ago when he try the same shot as your wickey in the test and came back after that te become SA best bowler in our local competitions for two years now. Watched JO Duminy the weekend and still cant believe we pick Prince ahead of this unreal cricket talent.

Expect to see a flat deck in the 2nd test and Tahir will be all important for our case. Looking forward to it.
  19. mark_s Chilla Wilson (44)

I don't think you will see Warner in for the second test unless someone else goes down injured. Khawaja will likely start. Its last chanced saloon for a number of Aus players though with a new selection panel starting after this test and the next series against NZ an ideal chance to blood some new talent. Johnson, Ponting, Haddin, Hussey & Siddle could be reacquainting themselves with the sheffield shield competition if they don't pull something out of the bag.
  20. Inside Shoulder Nathan Sharpe (72)

When was the last time Australian cricket had an involuntary cleanout?