• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SA vs Aus - SA cricket Tour 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
The pitch might be a bit wicked after the rain. I also think you are giving us too much credit with your suggestion the teams are even.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I also think you are giving us too much credit with your suggestion the teams are even.
I have learned over the years that in cricket the game isnt won till the last run is scored or the last wicket falls. You Aussie never go down in cricket without a fight.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Still up watching this. Surprised we've got this far. Haddin is certainly fighting hard to keep his spot, Johnson doing alright. SA bowlers have been very good & all they need is one wicket I feel to get us knocked over. Entertaining game with plenty of ups & downs.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
It look safe now for Australia. Haddin sure batting smart. needs 29 SA 4 wickets and new ball now on. Can be over quick now.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Siddle to, this is getting exciting now, bad light, 2 wickets, 18 runs! No T20 can provide this tension! Epic!

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Siddle (I think) hit it down the ground very hard and high, Steyn only got a hand to it. Would have been catch of the decade.

J

JJ

How good was that? Cummins take a bow and Haddin, please don't ever do that to me again.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
A good win for Aus. A strange series overall, maybe it was played too early in the season before either team had settled into the longer form of the game? SA will feel this is a series that slipped away from them but Aus will also be dreading that horrendous second innings in Cape Town when they had the chance to press for a match winning lead. It seemed like the team that got on top subconsciously relaxed and opened the door for the opposition. Cummins is getting lots of press here and deservedly so, but philander was excellent for SA too. The ball that he got Clarke with was brilliant.

What a pity its only a two test series, a third / deciding test is really needed but we will have to wait. I also have to say that SA has some of the better pitch/ground conditions going round for test cricket, something in it for everyone throughout the game.

For Aus, some of the veterans perked up in Joburg, possibly enough to stretch their careers by one more summer atleast especially given Marsh and Watson have injuries and will possibly be rested for the tests against NZ. We have to wait on the Aus A results (and injuries) before knowing what changes will be made but I suspect there will be 3-4 changes to the test team for the first test V NZ. Players most at risk (in order) are:

- Siddle
- Johnson
- Haddin
- Ponting
- Hughes

We have (some) bowling depth plus Wade is in form as a keeper so I think its time to make the first 3 changes. After that, I would see what happens in the A game and injuries.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
with Micky Arthur the Aussie coach now, I wonder if Mitchell Johnson gets a stay of execution? I hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.