• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Say It Ain't So!!! McCaw may be GONE...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reido

Sydney Middleton (9)
WOW, Karma is finally catching up to Mr McCheat after ALL those countless games he has been offside. Karma's a butch usn't ut Rutchie? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

P

pete88

I hope we play and beat the ABs next week, but seriously, some of the schadenfreude if Richie's foot goes and potentially ends his career is pretty galling in here to be honest. He's actually a bit of a gentleman when he's not getting the red mist around QC (Quade Cooper) (and QC (Quade Cooper) definitely helps him there) and he's the best 7 I've ever seen. The guy deserves to go out of at least RWC on his terms, and preferably at the hands of the Wallabies next weekend.

I don't really give a shit if the Kiwis would be/are being worse about Quade Cooper, just cos some of their fans, pundits etc. are tools doesn't mean we should be.

Reido

Sydney Middleton (9)
Quoting Sadercheif:"Grow up"
No thanks. I'm fine just like this.

Sader, also remember, "i" before "e" except after "c"

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Who is his likely replacement, I'm too lazy to look at the squad list but I imagine it's Vito or Read if they have no other natural 7's.

For me, NZ losing McCaw is the equivalent of us losing Pocock. Whilst many Kiwi's refuse to acknowledge it, he is an integral part of the team and irreplaceable, it would be a crying shame for him to not go out on his own terms. Legend of the game.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Stuff this thread. After some assistance from Bacchus/Dionysus tonight, I couldn't really give a fig about Sir Richie of the Invisible Cloak.

Les Frogge have made RWC 2011 for Chez Jarse full stop. We no longer care who wins as ABE is now a certainty.

You little beauty. Chez Jarse and invited guests at Chez Jarse tonight are very happy that the Soap Dodgers are on the first available plane home.

Karma.

da_grubster

Ted Fahey (11)
Who is his likely replacement, I'm too lazy to look at the squad list but I imagine it's Vito or Read if they have no other natural 7's.

For me, NZ losing McCaw is the equivalent of us losing Pocock. Whilst many Kiwi's refuse to acknowledge it, he is an integral part of the team and irreplaceable, it would be a crying shame for him to not go out on his own terms. Legend of the game.

He has said it is just a jiggle and he has been playing with those for 10 years. Reports of his demise seemed to be greatly exxagerated

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
WOW, Karma is finally catching up to Mr McCheat after ALL those countless games he has been offside. Karma's a butch usn't ut Rutchie? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Pretty ordinary quote this one in my opinion.
I have long argued over the years with anyone who'll engage in the conversation that I believe Ritchie is refereed completely differently to every other player on the planet, however, he knows it, his coaches know it and he is good enough to exploit it. I for one, would love nothing more than to see the AB's knocked out by the Argies, let alone Australia, however Ritchie deserves more. The one thing that has impressed me his entire career....is the humility displayed in victory. It is the most impressive thing about the guy. I am sure that privately, within their dressing room, they have most certainly enjoyed their victories, but publicly, he is perfect. He rightfully deserves to go down as one of the all time great players.

P.S. Go the Wallabies.....and the ARGIES

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I reckon Ritchie is a legend. Now that Wales are in the semis, I'd be quite happy to see them playing attacking rugby to win the RWC if it's not us. However, behind them, the ABs are due. They are the dominant team in international rugby and they've got some brilliant rugby players on their team who I can't help but admire; Brad Thorn, Mealamu, McCaw, Kaino, Reid, Weepu, Nonu, Smith...

It's already a tragedy that one of the two best players in the world is out of the tournament through injury. It would be a double tragedy if the other was too and not just for the ABs, in my opinion, but for everyone else as well.

Reido

Sydney Middleton (9)
McCaw deserves NOTHING. He needs to earn everything he gets (which he has up to this point).

It makes me sick for people to say that he should have better etc. The fact of the matter is that he had this injury, had the operation and came back too early or he played too many games leading up to the WC. Who's fault is that? His, Graham Henry, team doctors or all of the above?

He was "needed" to bring momentum to the AB's coming into the WC. Look how that worked out. They lost the S15 final and the 3N. Poor planning lost to greed in this situation.

If he "deserves better", why have the WC? Just give them the trophy and let them make a speech. But what about John Smit & Victor Matfield? They've been great ambassadors to the game. Give them a cup too. It would be rude to leave everybody else out, so let's give everybody a cup and we can all be winners!!!! Horse shit right?

It sucks for McCaw but it is what it is and I'd take any advantage I could get to say "Four more years boys, four more years boys" and listen to the kiwis bitch for that length of time also.

Call me an arse, call mean spirited. Hell call me what you want, I dont care. I'm a die hard Wallaby fan that can't stand the All Blacks or their one eyed supporters and guess what...I'm allowed to be so piss off!!! Go The Wallabies!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom