• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

School Girl Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbycheersquad

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hi Catchnpass, I am the mother of a girl who will try rugby. We are neither from the north shore nor the east. However I will find that $50. She will wear that tshirt, I guarantee it. I'm not sure why you feel you need to be so negative about this. It is a massive improvement, which I thought you would recognise as you've posted here before. You have heard of insurance costs of course? Hence the fee?
Maybe there are posters from other clubs. Don't care much. Just want girls to play rugby.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
RCS, I'm delighted that your daughter is giving it a go and hope that many more will join her so that we maintain the momentum from a wonderful Olympics performance. The contrast with league or afl is instructive though in that they do all they can to make their game accessible. Neither would ever seek to charge new players to try their game and if rugby wants to compete in this country going forward we need the code to adopt a similar approach. Uni is the wealthiest club in the country and could easily absorb the cost as a goodwill measure.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
RCS, I'm delighted that your daughter is giving it a go and hope that many more will join her so that we maintain the momentum from a wonderful Olympics performance. The contrast with league or afl is instructive though in that they do all they can to make their game accessible. Neither would ever seek to charge new players to try their game and if rugby wants to compete in this country going forward we need the code to adopt a similar approach. Uni is the wealthiest club in the country and could easily absorb the cost as a goodwill measure.

I had very real problems with the discussion on price on this one. Accepting that there are some Australian families for whom $50 might be a lot of money, it's not an unreasonable price for the offering. So SU offers a deal that will get more girls playing Rugby and we complain about price? SU might be the wealthiest club in the country, I don't know that, but its still a positive step when so many other people (and clubs) are doing bugger all. Strikes me a bit like looking a gift horse in the mouth!

rugbycheersquad

Frank Nicholson (4)

Hi Catchnpass, you make a fair point. I don't know how much Uni apportions to the women and girls activties. I'm not involved with the club. I'm just a mum. The cost structure is a code wide problem if we want to keep this great game going. I am willing to work towards that.

Status
Not open for further replies.