• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

School sporting scholarships/recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunny

Ted Fahey (11)
The brizzy club comp is good to the 14s then it fizzles out. Just look at the brothers U14 from last year to this years 15s
The age group gps in qld especially in the early years you definitely get blow outs due to some man children running around that some schools have picked up early either by luck or good management. But this definitely evens out as everybody is concentrating on the big dance and schools in the gps start plugging their gaps by the 15s looking to build for their 1st XV.
2017 is looking like a hum dinger.
I've so far found club comp pretty good up 16's so far, but yer 15 is where it really can change for boys, school first, girls etc,etc.
But back to GPS, I am hearing some schools want to, as you say, plugg the gaps but I have heard of no new boys being picked up for 15's next year and only a couple for the 16's, so what's going on?

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
I've so far found club comp pretty good up 16's so far, but yer 15 is where it really can change for boys, school first, girls etc,etc.
But back to GPS, I am hearing some schools want to, as you say, plugg the gaps but I have heard of no new boys being picked up for 15's next year and only a couple for the 16's, so what's going on?
You can guarantee that the gps schools won't allow the BBC/GT show to continue past the 14s and the boys won't necessarily come from the brizzy area.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

RugbyHd

Chris McKivat (8)

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
Yep thought they still did, Don't know how many are on them but i would think a few

Interesting reading !!!. More interesting given the finger pointing from Mr Brumbyjack and co at other schools in the CAS system. Personally , good luck if the kids can get a bit of assistance along the way, unfortunately not many things come for free these days.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Staight from the horses mouth.

Higher Representation Scholarships
As a school committed to excellence in all areas of co-curricular life, Waverley College offers full or partial remission of costs associated with representing the College at state, national and international levels.

http://www.waverley.nsw.edu.au/public/enrolments/assistance.cfm
But that's not a scholarship is it?
They are just saying they will pay Bill Pulver's levy if the kid gets selected in Schoolboy rep teams aren't they?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Ok this is my first post on this forum and have read all of this thread and it is disgusting.
Firstly half you guys don't even know the kids! you don't even go to scots or new. I bet you people have no clue whats going on in the schools. I cant speak for new but I admit that there was/is an "import" bought to scots but now you just saying every NSW or rep player who goes to scots is an import? no! their parents sent there son to scots because of its sporting success and it program thinking this is a good place for son to further advance his sporting ability! also the shaming and defaming of Dr Lambert is soo bad. You guys dont even go to scots and say he import people and only cares about sport. NO!. Dr Lambert has even bought an academic focus to this school. Ok i guess he might of been in charge of 'importing" which has made scots a major player in GPS rugby but the school isnt all rugby!

Thank you for reading this post and hope you consider my point.

You read the whole thread? That is impressive.
Nearly as impressive as the nuanced satire in this post, especially the part about how "Dr Lambert has even bought an academic focus to this school"!! A true pioneer among educators!

Status
Not open for further replies.