• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

School sporting scholarships/recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
At overload level? How can that be - it's a contradiction in terms.
As ILTW implies this school sport started out as something to fit in around school work, now it so wags he dog that you need an extra year to finish year 12.
Loss of a sense of proportion but
Relax said the night man
We are programmed to receive
You can check out anytime
Bienvenue à l'Hôtel Califonia

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Continuing the musical interlude:

Nigerian Reggae:

Catalan Rumba:

Afro-Cuban:

Techno:

Hotel California. A gift that keeps giving that is all things to all people.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Bearing in mind that there are around 150 professional rugby players in Australia, and that the average career is around two seasons, anyone who advises, counsels, encourages or convinces any boy to put playing GPS firsts ahead of school is grossly irresponsible.

And I would encourage people to read today's story about Jack Maddocks, who played 3rd XV at TSC to concentrate on schoolwork ahead of rugby has now been called into the Australian under 20s rugby squad. Wonder how those boys and parents who put rugby ahead of school work feel?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Apparently there are parents and school communities that "LIKE TO WATCH" their boys play rugby perhaps at the highest schoolboy standard in the world.

You're normally a sensible and rational constributor NIS, but I think you're stretching it a bit here.:)

That's the kool aid that the Lambert acolytes drink.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
[quote[/quote]

Arrrggghhhh....I just threw up in my mouth:confused:

As if the shrill sounds of this coiffured life support system for a set mammaries wasnt enough, spotting Inside Shoulder playing his favourite banjo really finsished me off

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
You're normally a sensible and rational constributor NIS, but I think you're stretching it a bit here.:)

That's the kool aid that the Lambert acolytes drink.
I did say "perhaps".

I will say, the teams that Scots have fielded the last 2 years and Newington last year are best school teams I have seen. And I am pretty sure they would be on par or better than any other school team anywhere.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
I did say "perhaps".

I will say, the teams that Scots have fielded the last 2 years and Newington last year are best school teams I have seen. And I am pretty sure they would be on par or better than any other school team anywhere.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Best schoolboy team I ever saw was the Joeys 1990 1st XV. SEVEN Australian School boys which included Matthew Burke

S

sidelineview

Some has a little secret that Waverley offer sporting scholarships. I have a little secret that they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.