• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

School sporting scholarships/recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Do you think he would have stayed at New if they told him he couldn't play league anymore?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
WARNING: BEWARE OF 'EYES THAT MATTER'!

I emphatically concur with 'Iluvmyfooty' with respect to his opinion concerning 'Eyes That Matter'.

This persons comments have been nothing but troublesome and very misleading! He/she is the reason why the CAS thread was locked recently.

IF THERE ARE ANY ADMINISTRATORS READING MY COMMENT PLEASE HAVE A WORD TO THIS PERSON.

Regards,
Thanks guys, he looks like a complete time waster and has been banned.

@Newbie and others reading these threads, if there's a problem please click the 'Report' link at the bottom of every post and mods will get an alert.

I've deleted the posts regarding him, and will delete my post here in a few days.

O

ON85

ON85, do you know what has spurred such a dramatic change in New's rugby policy in the last few years? Is it the coach? headmaster?

Logic would suggest it's the desire to dominate the GPS sporting landscape in 2013, which is New's sequicentenary year.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Logic would suggest it's the desire to dominate the GPS sporting landscape in 2013, which is New's sequicentenary year.

but this seems to have been going on for a few years now. Is there one person behind it?

O

ON85

but this seems to have been going on for a few years now. Is there one person behind it?

no, no idea, but probs a mix of my influential old boy mates, the marketing team, senior staff and council. a good friend involved in the 16 champs last year is suggesting that 8 or 9 scholarships may have been 'distributed'. could be exaggeration, but smoke/fire etc. suppose the proof will be in the pudding come firsts and seconds selection?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
if you go back to the part of the thread posted at the time of those champs you will see a number of comments as to the extent of enticing going on

O

ON85

if you go back to the part of the thread posted at the time of those champs you will see a number of comments as to the extent of enticing going on

I missed that? Jeez, I'm not surprised you did, what is it? 2000 posts now?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Sporting scholarships don't exist in NSWGPS
What about the Easter Bunny?
Apropos a debate going on in the GPS 2012 thread it is interesting that neither Joeys nor view nor Newington have really been able to achieve dominance in rowing whereas in rugby each does very well.
Of course you cant go out and find top notch rowers outside the GPS.......so you cant bring them in on a musical triangle scholarship

Freddo Frog

Ward Prentice (10)
Inside Shoulder, connor95 asked what are the actual rules on sporting scholarships in NSWGPS. The rules are that sporting scholarships are not offered. We all know that kids with talent (or potential talent) are enticed to schools, but that was not the question that was asked.

kerser2

Bob McCowan (2)
What about the Easter Bunny?
Apropos a debate going on in the GPS 2012 thread it is interesting that neither Joeys nor view nor Newington have really been able to achieve dominance in rowing whereas in rugby each does very well.
Of course you cant go out and find top notch rowers outside the GPS.......so you cant bring them in on a musical triangle scholarship
St joseph's college definitely have no one on a musical triangle scholarship.

Status
Not open for further replies.