• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Scotland v Australia, Murrayfield, 5am 24 Nov 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
Has to be resting in this one. Don't take Scotland lightly but it doesn't require a full strength side. Wales will be a massive match and players like Moore, Hooper, Mowen, Ashley-Cooper and Genia need to be rested.

1. Benn Robinson
2. Tatafu Polota-Nau
3. Sekope Kepu
4. Kane Douglas
5. Sitaleki Timani
6. Scott Fardy
7. Liam Gill
8. Ben McCalman
9. Nic White
10. Quade Cooper (c)
11. Nick Cummins
12. Matt To'omua
13. Israel Folau
14. Joe Tomane
15. Bernard Foley

16. Saia Fainga'a
17. James Slipper
18. Paddy Ryan
19. Rob Simmons
20. Dave Dennis
21. Nick Phipps
22. Christian Leali'ifano
23. Mike Harris/Chris Feauai-Sautia

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Our team has been steadily improving and gaining some confidence, wins and (very importantly) some real progress towards combinations that produce tries.

They also appear to be enjoying their play more.

Not the time to be frigging around with the team at all, IMHO.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
As long as we stick to having our forwards run wide we should be ok.

If they are going to rest players then Cummins might wear the 13. He needs to get the ball more.

Also wouldn't mind Paddy Ryan starting.

T

TOCC

Scotland have beaten us the last two times we have played them, rest the players who are genuinely injured or fatigue, but don't overly disrupt the team for the first time this year that the wallabies have stringed together consecutive wins..

I can't think of many changes that need to be made, apart from maybe a Kuridrani ban

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
1.Slipper
2.TPN
3.Kepu
4.Douglas
5.Simmons
6.Fardy
7.Gill
8.Mowen
9.White
10.Cooper
11.Cummins
12.Lilo
13.To'omua
14.Tomane
15. Folau

16.Fainga
17.Robbo
18. Ryan
19. Timani
20. McCalman
21. Genia
22. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
23. Sautia

I'd rest Moore and Hooper altogether. They need a rest and we have strong replacements for those two players who deserve some game time.

I'd leave Horwill out of the 22. I have no doubt he'll be back, but he's currently out of form badly.

Rugby Is My Life

Herbert Moran (7)
Reckon several blokes need a rest OR dropped to keep them on their toes.

If you run with the below you've got important combos from Super rugby so guys feel comfortable. Tight 5 are all Tahs and your 9, 10, 12 are all Brumbies. Would love to see Folau at 13 too.

I'm confident under Ewen we won't see any Scotland/Samoa debacles like we did with Deans. We're still not playing great footy but scoring 4 tries in Dublin and plenty since he took over, tells me we're headed in the right direction.

Wait until Pocock, Higginbotham, Speight & Beale come into the equation.

1.Robinson
2.TPN
3.Kepu
4.Douglas
5.Timani
6.Mowen (C)
7.Gill
8.McCalman
9.White
10.Lealiafano
11.Feauia-Sautia
12.To'omua
13.Folau
14.Tomane
15. Foley

16.Fainga'a
17. Slipper
18. Ryan
19. Simmons
20. Dennis
21. Phipps
22. Harris
23. Betham

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Yes... Rest your players. We'll be easybeats, I'm sure of it. We're crap.

MR JOHNSON STOP IVE MANAGED TO FOOL THE AUSSIES STOP PROCEED WITH STEP 2 STOP

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Our biggest enemy is consistency. Changes to the team will not do a bloody thing to help this. No unforced changes for the next two games then everybody can have a break.

I can't believe people are taking the Scots lightly. Has anything been learned from the past.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Our biggest enemy is consistency. Changes to the team will not do a bloody thing to help this. No unforced changes for the next two games then everybody can have a break.

I can't believe people are taking the Scots lightly. Has anything been learned from the past.

The match against Wales will be a huge step up from Ireland and if we want to win that then a number of strategic players should be given a week off to freshen up. The squad has large numbers of players who have learnt nothing but how to cheer and carry tackle bags. When given a chance so far, players like Ryan, Foley, Lilo and Douglas have not looked out of place.

I think on Thursday the first thing to look at is the weather forecast. If we are not looking at playing in the rain or on a bog then we should look to rest some key forwards for the Wales game to come:

Robinson TPN Kepu
Douglas Simmons
Fardy Dennis (c) Gill
White Foley
Tomane To'omua AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) Cummins
Folau

Fainga'a Slipper Ryan
Timani McCalman
Phipps Lilo CFS

If we can get well ahead by oranges, then change Simmons, Kepu, Folau (Lilo to 10, Foley to 15) and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) (Cummins to 13, CFS to 14) before 50 minutes.

This is only taking the Scots lightly if you think we have got 20 or so reasonable players and the other ten are rubbish. You can hold that opinion if you like but I don't think its supported by the facts.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Now that we seem to finally be building some momentum with the past couple of games I wouldn't be making any unnecessary changes...
So true. Very important IMO to not only beat Scotland, but to win well. Shuffling players around is not the answer. Having finally achieved some momentum to change players and have a scrappy win, or even worse a loss to Scotland would be a huge step backwards. I'd be surprised in any of the players wanted a "rest".

By all means activate our bench earlier than normal if we are well in front, but until then pick the same team (subject to injury and suspension) and treat the opposition with the respect that they deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.