• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Semi-finals 2016 - Hurricanes v Chiefs & Lions v Highlanders

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

galumay

Yep, the errors cost the Chiefs in the end, they dominated the rugby, but a couple of tries against the run of play and AG reluctance to punish the infringments all conspired to bring the Chief's season to an end. Canes surprised me a bit, quite passive in attack and setpiece was owned up until the subs.

I still think the Lion's look the most likely side to go all the way, but lets see how they play tonite.

Special mention to Beugan, (thanks WOB!) - he was a point of difference tonite, awesome game.

Congratulations Canes, good luck next week.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I was thinking more of the line speed out wide rather than the "collapsing maul " stuff in the firts half when Vito should have gone to the bin. And the Chiefs should have taken the points on offer.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Canes too good across the park tonight, especially from 1-10.

How good have Fifita and Fatialofa been this year?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No - great defence from Canes putting so much pressure on the Chiefs

Awesome D but Tribe haven't been that sluggish all year & bench was emptied sooner than usual. Travel fatigue for sure IMO.

How many blown tries tonight ? Is that 3 or 4

Last one summed up their night, really, Stephenson does enough to score then slips over, throws the offload that really should've been caught but gets knocked on. Anyways, must dash, got some payback mocking to attend to...........

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Ok WOB, get your mocking done and then pretend you got on the Train when I offered!!
Starting to think that TJ is just about playing his way back onto AB's bench!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)

TKB with multiple bedshits. TJP clambers up AB hierachy

Canes D a maniacal gainline rushing blockade

Almost feel bad for Cruden. Didn’t put a foot wrong but he’s surely just been eclipsed in the AB structure by a fucking comet.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ok WOB, get your mocking done and then pretend you got on the Train when I offered!!

For the record I was aboard the 'cane train from day 1 until the day they first played the CruSadists & I realised that a lifetime (minus the first 6-8 years) of Red & Black-dom shouldn't & couldn't be given up lightly. So pre-match I nipped home from the Cossie (5 min walk/ jog) & swapped my official 'canes top for a red & black striped thingy I'd picked up from RD1.

I'd also like to point out that on Feb 11 this year I tipped the 'canes to win the NZ Conference & at least go close to being top qualifier. I also said they choke in the semi but 2/3 six months in advance ain't too shabby :)

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
He didn't place the ball. That was no second try at all.

Highlanders looked knackered 15mins in.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Highlanders doing well to not be out of the game at half time. Thrown away a certain try and easy 3 points. Could be much closer.

Lions look good. Not unbeatable though, they're only South African ;)

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Knackered is right, same word I had in mind, Landers looked knackered right from when they were walking down the tunnel at the start.

In comparison Lions ran out, yelling their nuts off, and then didn’t stop for 40 minutes. Rampaged. Running onto the ball via Fap de Klerk who is just killing it.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Replay of van Rensburg's try looks all good.

Not convinced. Provide screenshot evidence, witnessed and signed.

Faf de Klerk is pretending to be the best halfback in the world, most annoying.

You know it's a dodgy Jantjes pass when the producer chooses the end on replay. This fact brought to you by your friendly neighbourhood objective fan.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Clan playing like a team that's been around the world & half way back in the last three weeks........

Faddes pulls one back but even if the kick goes over 13-25 with 30 left is a very big mountain to climb. Sopoaga can't do it so 11-25.

Status
Not open for further replies.