• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Semi-finals 2016 - Hurricanes v Chiefs & Lions v Highlanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Sully, Cane has been identified as the heir to K.Read for at least 5 years now. Inducted into the AB leadership group as a bench dude while Mccaw was still in his pomp. No one really questioned the coaches since the the team was kicking arse and goddamn motherfucking unstoppable.
I'd think it would be a major step back from the guys who had the honour before him.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Sully, Cane has been identified as the heir to K.Read for at least 5 years now. Inducted into the AB leadership group as a bench dude while Mccaw was still in his pomp. No one really questioned the coaches since the the team was kicking arse and goddamn motherfucking unstoppable.

Don't think he been seen as sure thing to captain the ABs DP, being in leadership group not really about captaining team, just that you seen as a leader within the group, SBW is in leadership group as a bench player as was Mealamu. I would think either Ben from accounts or Dane Coles would both be right up there as captain candidates, though I do think Cane would be ok, though I suspect Ardie may sneak into his position by the time captaincy becomes available anyway.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
What a game. Anyone who thinks the Lions success is due to the draw is drinking the Kiwi Kool-Aid.

I don't think there are many armchair critics who reckon they had an easy run. They were playing in the SA conference that had to play five NZ teams and they did very well and earned their finals spot. The Stormers on the other hand....

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
What a magnificent game that Lions/Highlanders clash was. High pace, high skill level and plenty of great tries. One of the best games of the season and a terrific advertisement for the game IMHO.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Damn the Lions are fun to watch. To be honest they are saving the season for me. So good to watch.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Got to agree Shiggins. Anyone who has waited for the finals to watch the Lions has been missing a treat. They've been at it most all season.

On entertainment stakes the most entertaining game of the season has to be Hurricanes Shorks in the gale of the QF. It'll annoy Kiwis, but as a Qlder there is no greater compliment - these boys are reminding me of the Reds in 2011.

Any Aussie turning off the rugby (plenty of reason in this confused product) should simply imagine the Hurricanes as wearing a gold and black style of Red. Then "love" or "hate" on your predjudices. One thing for sure, you'll enjoy the Final.

Lets hope these two hold to their nature, dont go all conservative, and dish up the game of the year.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
I have got my fingers and all of my toes crossed that this years final will be as good as last years, and knowing the two teams in it there is no reason it will not be as good.

I think I have even managed (through poor diet and copious amounts of beer) to get my intestine all tangled in addition to fingers and toes, I hope that is enough to 'make it happen' that prior to the final telecast they actually replay last years final so we have two crackers in a row.

If the diet and beer catches up with me at full time and I die of a heart attack, I think at least I will have died a happy man.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well the whole country is being amazed by the Lions' style of play over here. It's as if nobody can believe a team from our shores can play this way.

Whether the Lions win or not does not take away from them being the only bright light in a very, very dark tunnel for SA Rugby.

Reactions: dru

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I've seen the highlights of the Lions v Clan game.

Defensively, Naholo would have to be about the worst wing in the Super Rugby competition.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I've seen the highlights of the Lions v Clan game.

Defensively, Naholo would have to be about the worst wing in the Super Rugby competition.

Jezus Phitzy. There are no Aussie teams for a real reasons. Lets not strap as low as we can to look for negatives.

The best two teams without a doubt. More to the point, there is nowhere anywhere that will build as exciting a Rugby Final than right now, in the Southern hemisphere.

Just enjoy.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I don't think there are many armchair critics who reckon they had an easy run. They were playing in the SA conference that had to play five NZ teams and they did very well and earned their finals spot. The Stormers on the other hand..

The mighty Bush Pussies seem to have all the best players. It'll be interesting to see if that flows into the often closed shop of Springbok selection.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Well the whole country is being amazed by the Lions' style of play over here. It's as if nobody can believe a team from our shores can play this way.

Whether the Lions win or not does not take away from them being the only bright light in a very, very dark tunnel for SA Rugby.

It is a very bright light though.

Status
Not open for further replies.