• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shameless journalism: Folau

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Fuck me, he must be a real estate agent in his other life.
didn't he exaggerate everything?(and I am a believer, I think IF will prove to be a success)

T

Train Without a Station

You can't sell it as anything but a poor debut for the bloke. For an academy player on $50k a year you would put it down to first game jitters. For a big money, hyped convert with a bucket load of experience, no chance. If you can't handle the pressure of that after years of rep league, it aint getting easier in test rugby. It's only one game but even with being gifted an undeserved try, you would have to be pretty disappointed from any point of view.

Just shows that 'form' from trial matches that weren't watched by anybody except the journos pumping up his tyres really means fuck all.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Please explain:
My belief is that coach Michael Cheika wants to use his strong running game while he can, but build on the components to his game as he adapts to rugby.
At least Grumbles never talked about the actual game.
While he can?
under the heading "kicking"?

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
^ has he doubled the rugby coverage or just taken column space from other areas of rugby?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Folau getting as much column space as the match report itself in todays Sun Herald is terrible.

But that was always going to be the way. At least those column inches are rugby-related. And ultimately it can only be good for next week's crowd and ratings.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
But that was always going to be the way. At least those column inches are rugby-related. And ultimately it can only be good for next week's crowd and ratings.

This kind of rubbish is only good in the short-term though.........

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Agree - rugby related and generally positive. Personally I'm happy to see some positive press in our biggest rugby market.

D

daz

If ever there is an argument for GAGR to be a viable alternative news/opinion/rugby community focal point, I refer you to exhibit 'A'; the printed and televised crap vomited out by the so-called "professional sports journo" in this country.

Balls to the fucking lot of 'em.

Long live GAGR!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Stay tuned for my exclusive article tomorrow. "How folau nearly defeated the Reds." I minute by minute account of Rugbies most dynamic players efforts to overcome insurmountable odds

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

D

daz

Stay tuned for my exclusive article tomorrow. "How folau nearly defeated the Reds." I minute by minute account of Rugbies most dynamic players efforts to overcome insurmountable odds

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Nice one Sully. In the second part of that article, I will reveal how Folau's younger brother once took two attempts to get his driver's license.

Also, his grandmother's flower garden has weeds in it. A nation is shocked.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
That's the second week in a row that Growden has used "rabid dog". At least this week's metaphor made some sense.

Last week he likened David Pocock to "a rabid dog burrowing for a juicy bone" which really confused me. Rabid dogs attack indiscriminately and they aren't known for their burrowing. And the juiciness of the bone has nothing to do with the incurable encephalitis. He could have just said "hungry dog" or even just "dog" in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.