• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sharks v Force, Round 7, Durban

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

This thread is for discussing this match only

The Rules
  1. Do not give scores for any other match. EVER!
  2. Do not discuss other matches. EVER!
  3. Good hearted banter is encouraged but trolling is not allowed.
  4. Be respectful to posters.
  5. Be respectful to players.
Breaches of the rules will be handled by the Mod Team.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
This thread is for discussing this match only

The Rules
  1. Do not give scores for any other match from this round until 24 hours after the last game!
  2. Do not discuss other matches in detail.
  3. Good hearted banter is encouraged but trolling is not allowed.
  4. Be respectful to posters, players, coaches and match officials.
Breaches of the rules will be handled by the Mod Team.

Force Team for Saturday

1. Pekahou Cowan
2. Nathan Charles
3. Tetera Faulkner
4. Sam Wykes (c)
5. Adam Coleman
6. Steve Mafi
7. Kane Koteka
8. Ben McCalman
9. Alby Mathewson
10. Sias Ebersohn
11. Nick Cummins
12. Luke Burton
13. Kyle Godwin
14. Marcel Brache
15. Luke Morahan

16. Heath Tessmann
17. Chris Heiberg
18. Oliver Hoskins
19. Wilhelm Steenkamp
20. Angus Cottrell
21. Ian Prior
22. Zack Holmes
23. Dane Haylett-Petty

Good to see Haylett-Petty back as it provides a few more options in the backline depending upon who is perhaps not playing the best. What really needs to be worked out is who is kicking this week. I remember watching them a couple of weeks ago as the warmed up and none of the regular kickers were exactly filling anyone with confidence. Hopefully after the 60 odd meter penalty on Wednesday Sias will have some confidence up - at least for the front on kicks. Only problem is based on that bench he is probably coming off at around 60 min particularly if the Force are chasing the game.

M

Moono75

Good to see DHP back in the team coming off the bench. He will be a good back up to Morahan who had his best attacking game last week. I keep harping on about it but Mitch Scott should at least have been on the bench for the tour to the Republic. The Badger needs to rediscover his attacking mojo and needs to get some service out on the wing.

Alby has been good with his sniping runs but needs to play the ball a lot quicker than he has been. When Prior came on last week the tempo seemed to lift with some quicker passing.

Coleman is showing some good form and if he continues to progress could be a smokey for the WC.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm tipping the Force in this, Sharks are missing their 3 best players. If Steyn gets suspended the Sharks win.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Got to win one eventually. I had thought it would be last week and it came down to the wire. We have been trending upwards since the Hurricanes game so if it is a win, it'll probably be by less then 3 points.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Cell C Sharks team: SP Marais, Odwa Ndungane, JP Pietersen, Andre Esterhuizen, Lwazi Mvovo, Frans Steyn, Conrad Hoffmann, Ryan Kankowski, Jean Deysel (captain), Renaldo Bothma, Marco Wentzel, Mouritz Botha, Jannie du Plessis, Kyle Cooper, Tendai Mtawarira. Replacements: Monde Hadebe, Thomas du Toit, Lourens Adriaanse, Lubabalo Mtyanda, Daniel du Preez, Stefan Ungerer, Fred Zeilinga, Waylon Murray.

I am picking the Force. No. Not taking the piss.

1. Force will be smarting after Loftus.
2. Sharks centre combo have never even met each other.
3. The locks are two oldies who returned from long careers in Europe.
4. They are resting Lambie.
5. Steyn at 10. I have never liked him there and never will.
6. Bismarck out through suspension.
7. Very similar players at 6 and 7. Never started together before.
8. Pull Jannie's pants down in the scrums and he'll blow his lid like his brada. Guaranteed 10 against 14 men.

I consulted the Oracle. Hence he spoke.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Cell C Sharks team: SP Marais, Odwa Ndungane, JP Pietersen, Andre Esterhuizen, Lwazi Mvovo, Frans Steyn, Conrad Hoffmann, Ryan Kankowski, Jean Deysel (captain), Renaldo Bothma, Marco Wentzel, Mouritz Botha, Jannie du Plessis, Kyle Cooper, Tendai Mtawarira. Replacements: Monde Hadebe, Thomas du Toit, Lourens Adriaanse, Lubabalo Mtyanda, Daniel du Preez, Stefan Ungerer, Fred Zeilinga, Waylon Murray.

I am picking the Force. No. Not taking the piss.

1. Force will be smarting after Loftus.
2. Sharks centre combo have never even met each other.
3. The locks are two oldies who returned from long careers in Europe.
4. They are resting Lambie.
5. Steyn at 10. I have never liked him there and never will.
6. Bismarck out through suspension.
7. Very similar players at 6 and 7. Never started together before.
8. Pull Jannie's pants down in the scrums and he'll blow his lid like his brada. Guaranteed 10 against 14 men.

I consulted the Oracle. Hence he spoke.

No mention of Coetzee who has been their best player easily?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Coetzee. Yup. Now they are really screwed. Force at a canter really. I suspect a typical, slow lumbering performance by the Sharks. Every ball gets hit up by Steyn or a forward. Put numbers at the breakdown and slow the ball down. Catch them on the hop. Someone tell Foley.

It's a disease in Durban. They call it direct rugby (and have for 20 years) and although Gold suggested they are going to play a more expansive game plan, this one dimensional disease is so far engrained in the DNA it's not even funny. You drive into the Durban area and it seeps into the bones.

M

Moono75

Coetzee. Yup. Now they are really screwed. Force at a canter really. I suspect a typical, slow lumbering performance by the Sharks. Every ball gets hit up by Steyn or a forward. Put numbers at the breakdown and slow the ball down. Catch them on the hop. Someone tell Foley.

Hey.....no fair......that's our game plan!

M

Moono75

Yep these Cell C Sharks (is that an aquarium) are a poor imitation of the hard nose Mr Price Sharks of yesteryear. Force to tear these guys a new gill slit tomorrow!

M

Moono75

Thats a first. Charles off for a concussion test after being pinged in the back of the head by Sias kicking

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Jonker TMO again, last week he advised against a Steyn red card for his spear tackle on Cruden, now he robs the Force of a try. What a homer. Sharks look horrid, those 40 minutes must have been the worst kicking performance of any team this year

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
First half has me seeing the worst rugby I have ever seen played by a super rugby team. The sharks. Wow. So poor. The force should be 2 trys up but aren't because we can't finish off and the tmo is blind as well

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Should I go to bed.? Got to keep building my house tomorow the rain is going to help the sharks with there boring crap. The again our work around the ruck is working

Status
Not open for further replies.