• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sharks v Lions Round 3 (2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Cant sleep, drank about 1.5 liters of milk coffee....

Cant see a thread to this so here it is if anyone want to comment on this game now or after the replay. Or just look at my coffee induced comments. I noticed Bulls v Blues does have a thread for later.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Lions trying to spread the ball wide & have been doing some runs straight up field making good ground but they keep coughing it up. Sharks competing well at the breakdown but just then was busted for not rolling away.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Sharks on their feet get to the isolated Lions player & get the penalty against Lions for holding on. Sharks been very good at the breakdown again.

52min in the Lions start to get a bit of a roll on after some disruption from the Sharks at the breakdown & then they knock it on again. They've dropped a lot of pill.

54min Sharks turn it over at the breakdown after Lions trying to run it out of their own 30m roughly. Bismarck has been great he's pilfered a few at the breakdown too at good times. Sharks get on the front foot, go wide but the pass is forward.

57min in Sharks put it down but Lions done for offside so Sharks go for the penalty kick 20-6 Sharks lead.

60min in Lions go over for a try! Excellent build up, maybe 6 or so phases just kept plugging away & over by Jaco who showed some strength to go over with a few Sharks players on him. Conversion is successful (hits post & goes over) 20-13 Sharks lead.

63min in high tackle penalty against the Sharks. Lions tap & go but nearly spill it but stuff it up at the breakdown & Sharks get the ball back & kick for touch from the penalty.

68min Sharks on the attack (Lions didnt think they brought the ball back in from their 22 but they did) so back they came. Lions get it, intercept Lambie, end to end.

71min in end to end again, great hands from the Lions & then dropped, now Pieterson, passes, Sharks pass again - try! Great try for the Sharks. Hard luck Lions they were looking good there in attack but Sharks capitalise on a mistake & with some very good line running & passes they go over.

72min in Lambie converts 27-13 Sharks.

73min Lions go the pilfer & get the penalty for Sharks holding on, kicks for touch. Lions maul it up from the line-out. Comes down. Close to the line. Adv Lions, 6th phase, ball lost, or is it a try? Looks a try for mine. Sykes tried hard to stop it being put down. And its a try. 27-18 Sharks.

75min In conversion over 27-20 Sharks. Entertaining game.

76min in Lions penalty. Kick for touch. Line-out won by Lions. On the attack. Loose ball, Lions kick ball ahead, I think it goes off a Shark player & yes Lions have line-out. Line-out won by Lions. Maul. Lions lose the ball but Sharks kick down field. Adv over.

79min Sharks get the penalty. Sharks get another penalty Lions not back 10m. Kick for touch, looking for bonus point. Close to 80min & Sharks do the line-out, create the maul & the Lions just cant deal with it, great work by the Sharks they are over for the try & thats a bonus point for them.

80min 32-20 Sharks (get a bonus point), injury ravaged Lions very gallant & showed very good game at times.

Getting ready for Bulls v Blues.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
You look a bit lonely in this thread ASH. This game should of rectified the sleep problem though.:D

Ouch, lol.

Oak coffee has really messed up my sleeping patterns. Was nice to have Rugby available in the wee hours of the morning though.

Status
Not open for further replies.