• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sharks v Rebels RD 6 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
With Phipps announcing his departure at season's end, I'd like to see Stirzaker get much more game time, as per last year's tour. Regardless that this time, it's at the start of the season.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
If anyone is keen on watching it at 2am with others, the Imperial looks like a good location, with a 24/7 license. Turf is unfortunately closed it seems.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Ha, that's how good he is! Okay, fixed version.

Stirzaker
Beale
Vuna
JOC (James O'Connor)
Inman
Woodward
Roberts

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Pretty sure he's just doing that to spite my team selections. Will be JOC (James O'Connor) at flyhalf then, Mitchell will stay 12. Hopefully he doesn't fall over this week.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Zak
JOC (James O'Connor)
Vuna
Mitchell
Inman
Kingi
Roberts

Phipps
Woodward
another back..maybe rokabaro or english
Rokabaro is not on tour, think it's a bit of a harsh call

The RaboDirect Rebels 26-Man Squad to tour South Africa and Perth

Cruze Ah Nau*
Paul Alo-Emile
Kurtley Beale
Gareth Delve (c)
Tom English
Scott Fuglistaller
Nicolas Henderson
Scott Higginbotham
Shota Horie
Mitch Inman
Luke Jones
Richard Kingi
Lachlan Mitchell
Cadeyrn Neville
James O'Connor
Nick Phipps
Hugh Pyle
Jordy Reid
Angus Roberts
Ged Robinson
Jarrod Saffy
Rory Sidey
Nic Stirzaker
Copper Vuna
Lauire Weeks
Jason Woodward*

*Uncapped Rebels & Super Rugby

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Any one else see the pictures of the Rebels in SA, looks like Pyle might be nursing a knee injury at the moment.

Think Roberts at 10 in his second game is a big call, it is something I would like to see this season though.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If JOC (James O'Connor) and Roberts are the 10 and 15 I would play them the other way around to the team that played the Reds.

I think JOC (James O'Connor) will have a bigger impact from 15 and Roberts should be reasonable at 10 with his kicking game and giving options to those outside him.

The other option would be to play Woodward at fullback, Roberts at 10 and JOC (James O'Connor) at 12.

JOC (James O'Connor) at 10 limits the Rebels best player in having to do too much himself when he is closest to the ruck and lots of defenders.

jermano

Ted Fahey (11)
First time this year I will be tipping against the Rebels. It hurts but it's 5 rounds in and the bye is keeping me alive!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
I think we all know it's going to be this

Phipps
JOC (James O'Connor)
Vuna
Mitchell
Inman
Kingi
Roberts

And another 10 point loss where we try really, really hard but can't actually score any second-half points.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I think we all know it's going to be this

Phipps
JOC (James O'Connor)
Vuna
Mitchell
Inman
Kingi
Roberts

And another 10 point loss where we try really, really hard but can't actually score any second-half points.

I think Kingi is likely to go to the bench and Woodward to start. Have been reading that Beale is likely to play, which if it is the case it could be the strongest back line we have had available all year.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
He's an excellent goalkicker as well. The side looks so much better balanced with him in it. Mitchell, like Phipps, is a bit of an undroppable though. We're going to see those two in the XV, it's inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.