• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sharks v Reds, 19th April, Durban

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Another miscall at scrum time. Pretty bad when the Saffa commentators call it out. Scrum penalty leads to the Sharks going in via a rolling maul.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Alex Mafi delivers a fine argument at the next scrum over the previous incorrect decision and the referee all but concedes he got it wrong. Great display of rhetoric from the young hooker.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Reds will need their bench to bring them home. A number of guys looking very tired.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Yeah - or a try off a neat little Kerevi kick. But a penalty will be good too.

Edit: going for the try.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
It was a great little kick too. Shame Campbell missed it, but the execution of the kick was spot on

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Reds have been good and some of the defence very good - but I think the Sharks just made their 148th handling error.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Woohoo! Sharks were woeful but got to be happy with getting a win over there!
Hopefully Reds can come back to Suncorp in 2 weeks and get season up to 5&5.

Reactions: TSR

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Nice win.

Some very good performances across the board - Kerevi, McDermott & Mafi probably the best, but I’m also liking the work of Hegarty & Stewart guiding them round.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
15 years since the Reds have won over there, the forwards really set the standard for this match, great effort

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Controlled and measured gameplay by the reds. Kerevi is really next level.

Sharks fans will be pretty disappointed with what some of the team dished up, but tbf the reds just kept turning them around with a merciless kicking game.

Kerevi will be a big loss for sure, but I am liking the way Rodda, Salakaia-Loto, McDermott, Hegarty and Stewart are playing. They are providing a really solid foundation. Topou is also going well. He might be dropping a bit of ball, but I'm impressed by his scrummaging. He really was getting belted by the beast in those scrums, but he took the hit and pushed back a number of times. Wonderful stuff.