• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sharks v Reds Rnd 5 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Go Reds! one of those games that the Aussie conference really needs us to win. Here's to a big bonus point win!!!!!

Make Jake White Jake Red - Jake Red faced!

Need to get more physical this week though

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Need huge improvement this week to knock these guys off. At least we are scoring tries this year though which can't be said for the previous 2 seasons.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Sharks pack in the first half against the Lions was monstrous. The loose trio of Kankowski, Alberts and Coetzee were frightening.

Sharks playing at that intensity at home will not be beaten. Their midfield has been in good form with Jordaan proving a handful in all first round matches. They also finally have a counter attacking 15 which adds a completely new dimension to their game.

Reds would need to make a massive step up.

I am going to be bold. Sharks by 20+ The Reds pack won't run with this lot.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
The only running I reckon Daley will be doing is backwards and then a bit of forward running towards the bench as he gets subbed.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Can definately see why blue is tiping sharks by 20+ lol. If Reds pack doesn't take the intensity levels up by some margin we will get fucked up up front which means we, as always happens when a team gets boned up front, will lose.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Reds getting the bonus point will be a good result here. Not sure I can see how they will win, though, unless the game results to a game of throw the ball around touch.

5 - 6 points from the SA tour will be a very good result for the Reds, if they can pull that off. A loss to the Lions would be disastrous though.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Mental preparation for Reds fans.

Really happy to be of service on this Monday morning. I strive to serve.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Reds getting the bonus point will be a good result here. Not sure I can see how they will win, though, unless the game results to a game of throw the ball around touch.

5 - 6 points from the SA tour will be a very good result for the Reds, if they can pull that off. A loss to the Lions would be disastrous though.

I agree with you Ash, but I hope the boys don't go in with this mind set.
A win against the Sharks is a definite possibility if they turn up on all aspects of play & no-one has an off day. Both teams should be suited to the conditions, Durban is not much different to Brisbane in climate and we should be clued in to Jake Whites tactics enough after his stint with the Brumbies.
If we are on song Reds by 5
If we aren't Sharks by 15

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
This will be a good game, and from here we'll see were both teams are at. The Reds have already had some tough games v the Brumbies & Waratahs whereas the Sharks have only played weak sides.

While they're definitely looking like the top SA side this year we'll see how they go against a decent team.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'd be picking Turner and Davies on the wing this week. Davies was much better than Shipperley and Turner was strong in the first two games.

I'd leave the centres as they are. Harris and CFS were a much better combo than Fainga'a and Tapuai.

The Reds need to greatly improve their discipline and accuracy this week if they are to have a chance against the Sharks. I think the Cheetahs have been really poor this year and whilst they scored plenty of tries, the Reds weren't overly convincing.

Schatz isn't having nearly enough impact from number 8 and potentially should be replaced. Hard to fit both Robinson and Gill into the backrow effectively though.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Wasn't selected to travel.

Not really surprising. Prob don't want him coming straight in against a huge pack and the comp leaders. I just hope after the Reds A and pacific cup are done he is given a chance.

EatSleepDrinkRuck

Larry Dwyer (12)
I'll be tipping the Reds against the Lions, but I just cannot see a path to victory against the Shorks.

Then again, the Rebels were going to destroy the Force so, y'know - Maybe I'll put some money on the upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.