• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sharpie, please don't retire just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I admit that I have never been Nathan Sharpe's biggest fan. But he was an absolute colossus last night, he played like somebody ten years younger.

Sharpie, stay around, the Force surely needs you, and you look as though you are having the time of your life.

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
My fear is that the wear and tear on his body will be stacking up. Recovery gets harder, and niggles stick around longer.

He played fantastically last night - a real gem of Australian Rugby.

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
I think we might be seeing that sort of Indian Summer that you see sometimes from great but declining players once they embrace that they will be retiring.

Warne, McGrath, Lockyer all come to mind in recent years. They're the guys that we end up saying 'whyyyy' about but I think it's the psychological release of knowing THIS is my end date, I'm going to enjoy everything until then, and the physiological release of not having to mind all those niggles for much longer, with no more pre-seasons, no more recovery.

So I say, bring it on Sharpie. Have a whale of a season and a whale of a time, one last Wallaby season, and go out on an absolute high.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Sharpie's performance was one of the only things I could enjoy out of last night's game. As a Tahs fan there was fuck all to cheer about but the man is a great player and I love seeing him go well.

Agree absolutely with your comments too, Mrmouse

Status
Not open for further replies.