• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2010

Who will you be supporting in the 2010 Shute Shield?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

inthestands

Sydney Middleton (9)
I'm not sure what to make of some of the conversation about Super & Test players coming in late-season. Weren't we all saying in 2008 when Link and Deans said they'd release all Waratahs and Wallabies back to the Shute when available that is was a great thing? Now there's a widespread feeling that it's wrecked the comp...

Thoughts?

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I think some are trying have a bit each way with that issue. In my opinion, it's never a bad thing to have the best players available to be running around in 1st grade, it raises the standard of the game. Look at how well Barnes has played in the last month for Uni -- he's been brilliant. The same goes for Kurtley.

D

DEER HUNTER

Look at the history of the Shute Shield over the last 50 years, and who the winners have been. The comp is a joke. You would think the light globe would go on and that they would realize something should be done to even up the playing field for the good of rugby.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
It was interesting to watch the news broadcasts after the Grand Final. They had the AFL and NRL. Where was the highlights or even the score on the 6 pm news on all channels or even pay TV?

D

DEER HUNTER

It was interesting to watch the news broadcasts after the Grand Final. They had the AFL and NRL. Where was the highlights or even the score on the 6 pm news on all channels or even pay TV?

Ditto my coment before. Why would you bother giving it any air time !

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Look at the history of the Shute Shield over the last 50 years, and who the winners have been. The comp is a joke. You would think the light globe would go on and that they would realize something should be done to even up the playing field for the good of rugby.

I am interested to know how evening up the playing field would be for the good of rugby? What impact would it have?

D

DEER HUNTER

I am interested to know how evening up the playing field would be for the good of rugby? What impact would it have?

Maybe rugby union in the south and in the west in particular might start getting a bit of momentum. NSW rugby has been pumping money into schemes in the west for years trying to develop rugby through juniors. That's all well and good but the future of rugby 'the kids ' have nothing to aspire or look up to because all the talent gets funnelled into a couple of clubs, not their local club. So what do the kids do, they go to league, or AFL. It would be interesting to see where the administrarors of our game hail from in regard to their club and school it might give a little insight as to why the shute shield has remained as it has for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.