• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spectator101

Anyone know of who the coaches will be for Shute Shield 2011

John Briggs as Gordons Head coach
Randwick?
Manly?

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Assumptions
Uni will retain Greg Mumm
Easts will retain Lachlan Fear

Definite
Parra have a new coach in Glenn Christini

Penrith would like to retain Matt Briggs but I guess it depends if he will travel to Penrith again.

B

brynylon

Shute Shield

Does anyone know the date of Round 1in 2011?Souths will win this year?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I don't know about the draw, but Souths should finish the year in 2011 better than they did in 2010, simply because of the experience of playing as the comp leaders for a while in 2010.

PS - welcome aboard to the forum.

B

brynylon

Souths i hear are recruiting some rated Kiwis.With no Super 15players available,they have got to be a chance.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Somewhat poetic that the Hobbits will be recruiting from the Land of The Darkness where the LOTR movies were filmed, and THe Hobbit is being filmed as we speak.

Hope they remember to bring their shoes.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Souths i hear are recruiting some rated Kiwis.With no Super 15players available,they have got to be a chance.

What about the finals? Will the Students Corporation be able to call on all their vast complement of SupeRugby drones? Wouldn't it be nice for the best Shute Shield side to win the comp next year, rather than the side that has the biggest pockets?

#1?

Larry Dwyer (12)
What will be the impact if any of RWC on TNSS 2011?

I suppose the influx of rockstars in the final few rounds will be reduced.

This must bode well for the non-traditional strongholds.

Will Wicks and Uni even make the finals next year?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Will the points system work next year?

How will the points system work for any Darkness imports? Are there similar "penalties" for S15, Provincial rep players applying to any Darkness or PI imports as apply to ARU rep players?

Would hardly seem fair if a bloke like Frewen (ITM Cup Canterbury centre) could play for a TNSS club without points penalty to the club.

B

baldingwingforward

Will the points system work next year?

How will the points system work for any Darkness imports? Are there similar "penalties" for S15, Provincial rep players applying to any Darkness or PI imports as apply to ARU rep players?

Would hardly seem fair if a bloke like Frewen (ITM Cup Canterbury centre) could play for a TNSS club without points penalty to the club.

As far as i am aware (or at least it was a couple of years ago) - overseas players have exactly the same points restrictions put on them - i.e. if they plyed Super 14 in NZ that counts the same as super 14 here.

Franky

Peter Burge (5)
Is ture I know a rats player who has been asked to move over with Grier

Once again if Grier does link up at Gordon with Briggs it will be a good match up. The Rats have had the opportunity to gain such a team but the powers that be seem to be fluffing around with appointments at the last moment. Good luck to Briggs/Grier for 2011 if it eventuates?

Status
Not open for further replies.