• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2013 Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Coach,
Policing the current points system is effective as a Police Force breath testing drivers if the legal limit was raised to .3.
There would be a limit,it would be policed.But it would be totally ineffective to achieve any stated goals.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Coach,
Policing the current points system is effective as a Police Force breath testing drivers if the legal limit was raised to .3.
There would be a limit,it would be policed.But it would be totally ineffective to achieve any stated goals.

I agree with you, but the NSWRU claims that the points system is agreed to by the clubs so they can't complain if it doesn't achieve the desired results. Every year it's put up for review and every year it's apparently ratifed with only minor adjustments. Not sure what role the SRU has in the process. The points limit for 1st grade this year is 100 so on the face of it the team you listed for Uni will never take the field. However, because there are all kinds of deductions (especially for years of service) they can still come in under the cap with a team full of S15 players. If the aim was to spread the talent it's clearly not working. But the responsibility if with the clubs to change the rules so it does. It was suggested some time ago that the points cap should be applied to player registrations rather than the team that takes the field and I think this has some merit. I'd suggest the years of service deduction needs review also as it was originally only supposed to be a short term deduction so clubs didn't have to shed players when the points system was first introduced. Modifying the service deduction and applying the cap to registrations would prevent Uni signing players like IF.

champaz

Frank Row (1)
Mils Muliaina - Parramatta. He'll be there from May to August.
Brian Sefainaia to Warringah.
Trent Lake to Uni
Lachlan Porteous to Gordon.
Tom Heslop, Steve Cummins to Easts
Pierre Hola to Easts

Lachlan Porteous is remaining with Norths

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Looking at the team lists in todays Rugby News, Knuckles batting average is not looking too good.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Looking at the team lists in todays Rugby News, Knuckles batting average is not looking too good.
I was thinking the same - Knuckles seemed to (mostly) have the good oil last year but his sources for these most recent predictions have had shockers.

B

BellyTwoBlues

Sione Tau (back row, Eastwood) has signed for french club Agen. Is he any good ?

I rate him for what it's worth.

This is a great reward for him. He has played with a lot more discipline this year than he has in the past. A credit to John Manenti and to Sione.

B

BellyTwoBlues

I was thinking the same - Knuckles seemed to (mostly) have the good oil last year but his sources for these most recent predictions have had shockers.

Agree. though Trent Lake did go to Uni. So he had 1 correct. But way down on his average.

There may be another one in the not too distant future that will be correct though!

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Anyone know whether Kyle Godwin is coming to the Shute Shield when the S15 is over?

If so, which club (I know various have been rumoured)?

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Anyone know whether Kyle Godwin is coming to the Shute Shield when the S15 is over?

Coach I refer to the SS 2013 thread - I believe there is a serious issue around the FFF - Foley Force Farce - and the release of their players generally. 4 clubs have been mentioned on the other thread . Even if the FFF factor is removed I think I can be reasonably confident in saying that MMM's do not expect to see him. Our friends at Eastwood may have views if he ain't Coogee bound.....

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)

Given he's WA based and has plenty of Super Rugby action behind him in 2013, I think the Force would get more value out of him around the local rugby fields.

2012 Goodwin would have got plenty out of some SS action, but he's a different player now.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Given he's WA based and has plenty of Super Rugby action behind him in 2013, I think the Force would get more value out of him around the local rugby fields.

2012 Goodwin would have got plenty out of some SS action, but he's a different player now.

You're probably right but I only asked as there are plenty of rumours about him coming to Sydney -- to about 4 different clubs!

Status
Not open for further replies.