• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Almost time to wrap up Season 2012 and look forward to 2013.

This contribution from Knuckles is an appropriate one to kick off the Season 2013 Thread.

Latest rumours:

• Matt Briggs to be Assistant Coach to Mark Bakewell at Easts
  • Daniel Manu sacked at Wests
  • Tim Lane leaving Manly
  • Parramatta have signed 3 Internationals - a former Argentinian Test tighthead, another former All Black fullback (who will be available from end of April for rest of season) and a former Springbok back who only played 2 or 3 Tests but has been in France since 2004.
  • Jason Grier returning to Warringah from Gordon

latrell247

Chris McKivat (8)
Randwick are on a big recruitment drive with Fijian speedsters Henry Sevula (West Harbour), Daniel Yakapo (Parramatta) in their sights and also trying to snatch back Pakalani (Souths)

How many coaches have west harbour had in the last few years now?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
....snip...

Pirates are not the only club that have been recycling coaches.

Randwick and Easts haven't been exactly stable and would probably match W Harbour for turnover.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Exciting things expected from the Mighty Two Blues if Knuckles is on the money.

With scoops like those above I wonder if Knuckles has been speaking to an unemployed Pieman and his mate Radio.

The Team at Parra delivered this year, so it would not be a surprise if Knuckles is on the money.

The internationals have certainly sparkled during the ITM cup competition in the Shakey Isles. A couple more over here would be a good addition to the comp.

Other clubs would do well to keep an eye on the Two Blues resurgence and implement similar progressive strategies.

T

Tahboy

So Parramatta strategy that other clubs should follow is buy Argentinians and South Africans and kiwis
Do the south African and Argentian have the correct visas to live and work in Aust?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Two Blues are doing a bit more than just importing Saffas, Argies, and Kiwis.

There is a visa category for sportspersons. The team running Two Blues are competent, professional and ethical, and would not contemplate any immigration skullduggery.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Two Blues are doing a bit more than just importing Saffas, Argies, and Kiwis.

There is a visa category for sportspersons. The team running Two Blues are competent, professional and ethical, and would not contemplate any immigration skullduggery.
All news to me boys but if it's true I'd love to know where we are getting the money from.

T

Tahboy

Not saying Two Blues would do any scullduggery but Sports visas are very difficult to get that is why players from counties that don't have working holiday visa agreements don't play here
Ie South Africans or Argentinians
I doubt if these players you suggest are joining Two Blues except for any Kiwis

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
As always many rumors flying around at this time of the year.
I don't wish to contribute to the scuttlebutt except to say that my information is a little different to some of that above.

Reactions: Tim
T

Tahboy

That's the joy of the silly season
Something has to keep everyone amused during the off season

K

Keithy

Almost time to wrap up Season 2012 and look forward to 2013.

This contribution from Knuckles is an appropriate one to kick off the Season 2013 Thread.

WH will announce Matt Briggs and Daniel Manu are coaching 1st Grade.

O

Ole Two Blue

Randwick are on a big recruitment drive with Fijian speedsters Henry Sevula (West Harbour), Daniel Yakapo (Parramatta) in their sights and also trying to snatch back Pakalani (Souths)

I can assure you, Dan Yakopo aint going anywhere.

O

Ole Two Blue

Love those rumours from Knuckles. Perhaps he is actually the unemployed pie man mentioned above.

For the record folks, we will continue to develop the players within the club. There may be 1 or 2 new additions but nothing outrageous like former internationals.
Our focus this year is primarily on having an effective colts program to grow the numbers and develop the kids within it and to strengthen the quality of our lower grades. Of course, the continued improvement of 1st grade is also a focus but to quote our passionate and dedicated GM, 'we have stopped the bleeding from the head, now is the time to strengthen the body'.

T

Tahboy

Wouldn't worry about Randwick pinching players
They have more issues about losing them

Andrew B Cox

Sydney Middleton (9)
If West Harbour and Danny part ways, that will be 4 coaches in 4 seasons.

The past three seasons they've had 6 wins a year.

I may be biased, but I don't think the coach is entirely to blame. They need to give Daniel a go. I don't think you can effectively evaluate a coach on one season's effort.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think the big meeting on the future of the Randwick Rugby Licenced club was today (or tomorrow).

Apparently the merger with Marrickville Bowling or RSL or something club may be off. Sounds like the Wicks licenced club may be another victim of a downturn in small clubland that has hit many licenced community clubs in the last 5 or so years.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I think the big meeting on the future of the Randwick Rugby Licenced club was today (or tomorrow).

Apparently the merger with Marrickville Bowling or RSL or something club may be off. Sounds like the Wicks licenced club may be another victim of a downturn in small clubland that has hit many licenced community clubs in the last 5 or so years.
But they've just changed the bistro menu: mind you that is usually the first sign of terminal issues

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)

The meeting was on Sunday.
The merger with Marrickville RSL fell through several weeks ago.
There are a few more options awaiting outcomes, however, they don't sound very promising.

Am I right is saying that only Souths, Norths and Easts now have their own licenced clubs ie not counting mergers with RSLs etc such as Eastwood, Parra and West Harbour?
I know Uni have a bar but is that exclusive to the Rugby club?

Status
Not open for further replies.