• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
This just went up on Facebook, promoting round 1 a joint Colts and Grade clash V Gordon
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-prn2/t1.0-9/10152399_615485968535108_92154126_n.jpg

The Butts

Herbert Moran (7)
Magners.gif

Bring it on - too much rugby is never enough.

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
It has been bucketing down here on the south coast. Just checked the weather reports. Flooding in Sydney, rain in Sydney forecast through to and including Friday. Saturday clear. What chance of first round washouts? Man that would be hard to take.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Except I heard Gordon pulled out of colts three today. Leaving those leftover a bit miffed.

Does anyone know whether Rugby News is being published this year? Pretty sure I read that it was on line only. If that is the case, wonder how spectators can find out who is playing...

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Gone. Am hoping clubs channel schools pr departments and at least print a paper copy of the games being played at their own ovals.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Up to Gaggerland snouts to get the team lists from their clubs and post the lists here.

Quick cut and paste into Word, and pull the print trigger and you have the team list for the day. At least that would work for 1st grade.

I like to browse through the lower grades lists, and the Colts squads as well. That will be missed with no Rugby News at the ovals. I can't see too much interest or effort on here going into getting the Hobbits vs Pirates 4th grade team list posted before the game.

Will you be able to access the online version of Rugby News at the oval via a smartphone?

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
This Club Rugby Forum is starting to look a bit cluttered with all the NRC clubs jumping on board. Maybe there should be a separate forum for the NRC.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Ok 3 sleeps to go,and I am no closer to understanding the situation with returning Super players for finals matches.
If only the Tahs release players back to the SS,then the comp has already been won by Uni.
However,if they do not get access to these players,then Inpick a Manly/Eastwood final.

This weeks round:

Wicks to smash the Beasties
Woodies will flog Norths
Parra will do a big job on Gordon
Uni are playing Penrith
Manly will beat Southern
Rats to beat West a Harbour in a tryfest.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
This Club Rugby Forum is starting to look a bit cluttered with all the NRC clubs jumping on board. Maybe there should be a separate forum for the NRC.

I thought the same and posted on the NRC thread;

GAGR - now it has been confirmed any chance we can add an NRC Forum to the cover page of the Rugby Forum and then shift the relevant threads to that forum.

It will assist in promoting it rather that bury it within other forums.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Can't wait to see some team sheets.
Are the non touring Tah's playing this weekend.
Has that Gen XYZ comp finished yet - the games that don't get promoted and there for no one knows when they are on.
After reading yesterdays rugby news interest in seeing Manly's back line.
10 - Marshall, Daruda, Treweek.
12 - Maile / Daruda.
Chisholm had some great form in the 7's.

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
That Gen Blu stuff I think is done but the Waratahs colts play in the nationals this weekend so a few youngsters are atill to come back

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
That Gen Blu stuff I think is done but the Waratahs colts play in the nationals this weekend so a few youngsters are atill to come back

I thought the 20's finished today?

It does. Last game for our young men is today with NSW vs QLD. Probably a few scores to settle from previous encounters as this cohort has staggered forward on unlit, unpaved, poorly signposted spaghetti junction goat track known as "the pathway".

There may be some battered and bruised bodies returning from that tournament who are unable to participate in games this weekend.

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
Cheers coach.. He's a top bloke too.

It's pleasing personally for me to see so many reserves in 4s. Anyone that remembers this time last year, we didn't have anywhere near that in 4th grade.
I'll never forget that round.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Rob

Sydney Middleton (9)
Woodies team
1 Jed Gillespie
2 Hugh Roach
3 Dylan Brass
4 Andrew Clyne
5 Steve Cummins
6 Jarrod Barry
7 Kyle Shewan