• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Grow the grass roots!!

Great to see 2 or Manly's junior teams (Allambie Jets / Harbord Harlequins) playing against 2 of Parramatta's juniors for the Curtain Raiser for the season opener out at Parramatta.

No doubt kids will have a ball and drag there mates to games.

Grow the grass roots

Thanks Belly - great work.

Guys might not be the junior rugby thread, but it is our grass roots.
My thought through the off season;
2 junior / mini games as curtain raisers 1/2 field each game (20 minutes).
40 kids (7 + 3 subs x 4 teams).
Plus mates.
Plus parents.
Then more kids / parent come as season progresses because they enjoy relaxing Saturday arvo.
Builds the grass roots.
And also good for the gate.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What is the update on Rugby News for 2015?

Will they have a "virtual" programme available for downloading/reading on a subscription basis?

Will clubs just print off a bunch of copies of the official team sheets for the day and leave them at the Gate/BBQ for the spotters and other interested parties?

Can some of the Big New Tax on playing be directed to subsidise Rugby News or produce a similar publication?

What is the go with Canteen, BBQ, Ground Marshall and other game day volunteer staff and the Big New Tax, especially insurance levy?
Do they, or the clubs, need to pay a levy and submit a form to the insurance wallahs before the volunteers can turn a sausage, or sell a meat pie at the club BBQ, or dress a field, keep time, manage the scoreboard etc to be covered by ARU Insurance?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
What is the update on Rugby News for 2015?

Will they have a "virtual" programme available for downloading/reading on a subscription basis?

Will clubs just print off a bunch of copies of the official team sheets for the day and leave them at the Gate/BBQ for the spotters and other interested parties?

Can some of the Big New Tax on playing be directed to subsidise Rugby News or produce a similar publication?

What is the go with Canteen, BBQ, Ground Marshall and other game day volunteer staff and the Big New Tax, especially insurance levy?
Do they, or the clubs, need to pay a levy and submit a form to the insurance wallahs before the volunteers can turn a sausage, or sell a meat pie at the club BBQ, or dress a field, keep time, manage the scoreboard etc to be covered by ARU Insurance?

Your busy today - ref this link
http://www.manlyrugby.com.au/news-m...-mainmenu-100/1122-rugby-news-has-a-new-owner

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Apparently 7mate will carry the shute shield, live as far as I can gather

Well that is breaking news on a Thurs morning quietly released by IS on GAGR - hope it is true!! - Can anyone confirm??

If IS is on the money it'd be great if Chanel 7 put together a 1hr documentary on 7 in Prime Time.
The history of the SS
What it means to the clubs,
Involve some of the greats,
Involve some of the mini and Junior district clubs, - with young kids involved.
Thus letting the broader audience know about the viewing.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Only knew it was on at that time due to the channel surfing I had to do prior to rugby starting at 3pm. sfa to watch until the rugby came on.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Come on guys let's get some ladder predictions going

1. Souths
2. Eastwood
3. Manly
4. Uni
5. Easts
6. Randwick
7. Parramatta
8. Warringah
9. Gordon
10. West Harbour
11. Norths
12. Penrith

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
1. Eastwood
2. Sydney University
3. Manly
4. Souths
5. Warringah
6. Easts
7. Randwick
8. Parramatta
9. Gordon
10. West Harbour
11. Norths
12. Penrith

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
1 Eastwood
2 Uni
3 West Harbour (think the return of Barakat will add some steel to the Pirates)
4 Souths
5 Easts
6 Manly
7 Randwick
8 Warringah
9 Parramatta
10 Gordon
11 Penrith
12 Norths

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Happy to see all those midfield predictions for the beasties.
Apparently very happy with numbers down there and Darren Coleman is impressing some of the hard to convince.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
1. Souths
2. Eastwood
3. Sydney University
4. Easts
5. Warringah
6. Parramatta
7. Randwick
8. Gordon
9. West Harbour
10. Norths
11. Penrith

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I can't see Manly having all their points docked Dave. Or are you privy to some about-to-break scandal? :p

Nah Marlins 'll do just fine - didn't list them last year either and they did all right - superstitious, also kept my luck hat as well;).
Like to think it is just one team at the Marlins and we'll go one better in the CC this year.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
As Sir Humphrey Appelby would say, there are some courageous tipsters out there. Either that or they have access to team and squad list information that I don't have.

Myself, I think I'll wait to see who is playing with what club, and who the coaches are.

I have heard some rather interesting gossip on player movements, and imports, that if true may cause a major rethink about the likely table positions at seasons end.

Status
Not open for further replies.