• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Would anybody be able to tell me of which clubs have Youtube or Vimeo or something similar accounts that they upload their full games on? I know West Harbour have a good Vimeo account and surely the other clubs have something similar? I am interstate and miss my Shute Shield fix.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Would anybody be able to tell me of which clubs have Youtube or Vimeo or something similar accounts that they upload their full games on? I know West Harbour have a good Vimeo account and surely the other clubs have something similar? I am interstate and miss my Shute Shield fix.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think Belly could possibly be cajoled into doing something like this, particularly for the Two Blues fans who have the misfortune to not be living in the glorious greater west of Sydney.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
a post that should be hidden in the 2Blues thread
I'm tipping Belly doesn't make the week!
But seriously, incidents like this highlight the reason most of us are involved in the game. Results are important but not all-important. We participate in this game for many reasons but the sense of community is strong in most of us. This has been reinforced by the good wishes bestowed towards Kotoni Ale who suffered a serious injury this week. He too will be supported by our community, the Rugby community. I love this game.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
a post that should be hidden in the 2Blues thread
Hidden? Surely the Two Blues thread is the first thread we all check? I know it is for me. :)
Seriously though, I have had a bit of a love/hate thing going with Kotoni for a few years now. The man can play, seriously. Hoping, praying, he and Andrew have good recoveries.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Always a great day - already going, but had a thought why not a GAGR table if there is interest. Interested PM me.

Sporting_Lunch.jpg

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Yes Gordon have a club doctor in Liz Swinburn, Norths have Stephen Freeman but he seems to go on tour a bit with the 20's so not sure he is on site every game?

Backrow

Allen Oxlade (6)
word from contacts at Parramatta is that the ref from Parra v Uni Anthony Moyes attended first grade video session on Monday and admitted to some errors reffing the scrum, in particular the penalty try should have been a penalty the other direction?

My sources are fairly 3rd hand, can anyone closer to the action confirm or deny?

Backrow

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yes Gordon have a club doctor in Liz Swinburn, Norths have Stephen Freeman but he seems to go on tour a bit with the 20's so not sure he is on site every game?

Warringah has Tom Harwood who is an Emergency doctor at RNS, he was away on saturday unfortunately, conference or holiday I'm told.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
word from contacts at Parramatta is that the ref from Parra v Uni Anthony Moyes attended first grade video session on Monday and admitted to some errors reffing the scrum, in particular the penalty try should have been a penalty the other direction?

My sources are fairly 3rd hand, can anyone closer to the action confirm or deny?

Hopefully Belly Two Blues can confirm or deny. If confirmed it cost Parra's first victory over Uni since 1998 and should see Mr Moyes reffing minis next week.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^^ Scrum adjudication is a lottery at the best of times with refs seeming to get it wrong as often as they get it right.

Frustrated former backs wielding the whistle trying to decipher what the fat boys are doing, and it seems using the opportunity to square the ledger from their schoolyard days when the fatties would steal their school lunch.

We need to get more former piggies wielding the Acme Thunderer, if only they could keep up with play.:)

B

BellyTwoBlues

Not entirely accurate.

Moyesy came to the video session on Monday night. All clubs have a ref appointed to them as a 'law consultant etc'. Moyesy is ours (as well as Penrith's and Eastwoods). It was pre-planned that he come to the video session at the one after the match rather than before so any claims of bias would be negated. Both Parra and Anthony contributed to a very constructive conversation which was real received from all parties.

Night night all.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
We need to get more former piggies wielding the Acme Thunderer, if only they could keep up with play.:)

Exactly. Just what TPN alluded to when asked on Rugby HQ if he would take up reffing after he stopped playing. He was looking forward to taking up donuts again rather than the whistle. Quite possibly the reason very, very few former forwards move into reffing. Have there been any since Ericson?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Fulltime in 1st Grade. @GordonRUFC defeat @SUFC1863 17-10

All last night's results from Twitter @SUFC1863:
1sts: Gordon 17 Sydney University 10
2nds: Gordon 5 Sydney University 30
3rds: Gordon 0 Sydney University 22
4ths: Gordon 0 Sydney University 43

Post #614 (Round 3 Results) updated

Gordon deny The Corporation an opportunity to take an outright lead in the Club Championship.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Gregor George Cup (Club Championship) Watch:
It is rather tight at the top as the usual suspects jockey with their positions and consolidate their lead at the top of the table.

All adjustments have been made to the table after the postponed games have been played.

There are a maximum of 215 points available to a club each week, based on all 7 club teams winning with a 4 try BP and the target to win is >3000 points which was achieved by 3 clubs last year. In 2014 the difference between 1st and 2nd was only 33 points, with 3rd only 52 points further back.

Randwick, 1771 points
Eastwood, 1766 points
Sydney University, 1735 points
Manly, 1626 points
Northern Suburbs, 1359 points
Eastern Suburbs, 1186 points
Gordon, 1122 points
Southern Districts, 1084 points
West Harbour, 1041 points
Warringah, 1040 points
Parramatta, 617 points
Penrith, 92 points

How the Club Championship table is calculated.
The competition points from the individual competitions are multiplied by the following factors and then added together.
First Grade - 15
Second Grade - 8
Third Grade - 5
Fourth Grade - 4
Colts 1 - 6
Colts 2 - 3
Colts 3 - 2

The 33 point difference between Gold and Silver last year could have been made up from an extra 2 BP in Shute Shield and an extra BP in Colts 2, or an extra victory without a BP in 2nd Grade and an extra BP in Colts 3.

Edit: Post updated to reflect adjustments from Rounds 3 and 7 postponed matches.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
An update on Kotoni;
Op was a success, in a boot within 3-4 weeks and he's on the road back.

Bean counters had the crowd our 7,456, and Nomad Brewery ensured the beer was plentiful even with the additional hour of catering. http://www.nomadbrewingco.com.au/

CGnvLzZVAAIo99q.png

from http://www.sportal.com.au/rugby/news/kotoni-ale-vows-to-return/bsxp6a9dzeb111hrwwn5kxgoe
He posted this photo and message to Facebook and Instagram on Tuesday.
“After 3 days in hospital, I’m finally going home!
“It’s been physically and mentally tough, and would not wish this injury upon anyone!

“But all I can say is that all the love and support shown from my girlfriend, family, friends, Manly rugby, St Augustine's college, the NSW rugby community, the Northern Beaches community and many others who messaged me have got me through these tough couple of days. I am very humbled and grateful!”
Ale hasn’t given up on his playing career, saying he wants to run out for the Marlins again.
“I know it’s gonna be a slow and steady road but with all the support I believe anything is possible and most importantly I’m committed to running out in the blue and red again!”

Status
Not open for further replies.