• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2020

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
I suspect my tips this week will be similar to most;

Warringah
Randwick
Eastwood
Gordon
Norths
Uni

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
We can, although to give them their full title they are the Hunter and Newcastle Rugby Union Wildfires, hence HDRU Wildfires. :).

That's a bit of a mouthful though, so either Hunter or Newcastle or Hunter Newcastle are fine by me. Whatever promotes the game the best in that area.

I also noticed that they are playing in the traditional Newcastle colours of green and brown, instead of the previous iteration when they wore a sky blue and red melange IIRC.

I was trying to recall when they were last in the SS. Must have been early 90's?...

I think it's great to see the SS evolve again. I'm rooting for the Emu's to get it right this time.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I was trying to recall when they were last in the SS. Must have been early 90's?.

I think it's great to see the SS evolve again. I'm rooting for the Emu's to get it right this time.

The Wildfires played their last game in 1999. They beat Eastwood, and we went on to win our first First Grade Premiership that year. Mrs Wamberal and I were there, at the home ground of the Charlestown Butcher Boys (a local league team). Another nice coincidence is that the Penrith Emus just missed out on the semis that season, they were coached by Scott Johnson.