• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Skelton

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Seen his lat 3 outings against the best packs in the NH. Different human being entirely. Slimmed down, fit and effective.

Infinitely better than anyone else wearing 4 in AU right now.

Would pick him for the WC squad in a heartbeat.

But I guess the entire Aus rugby system is way too busy gazing at its own furry navel right now to actually pay attention. It's much more interesting bashing down a bloke who said something very stupid on a social media platform where PEOPLE CHOOSE WHETHER THEY READ THINGS OR NOT.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Seen his lat 3 outings against the best packs in the NH. Different human being entirely. Slimmed down, fit and effective.

Infinitely better than anyone else wearing 4 in AU right now.

Would pick him for the WC squad in a heartbeat.

But I guess the entire Aus rugby system is way too busy gazing at its own furry navel right now to actually pay attention. It's much more interesting bashing down a bloke who said something very stupid on a social media platform where PEOPLE CHOOSE WHETHER THEY READ THINGS OR NOT.
Nah we all know hes playing well, he's not eligible. What do?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Why did It take him moving to England to stop eating KFC and start working on his cardio?
Kfc is actually one of the healthiest fast foods depending what you eat. Its mostly just protein. If you eat the chips youre fucked though.

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
Will Skelton is my favourite player and there's no denying he's trimmed down, but it's not a coincidence that every Australian rugby player seems to stand out in English rugby - it's a more diluted competition talentwise, and they aren't playing Kiwi teams.

And we fall for it every year - Dean Mumm, James Horwill, Matt To'omua, the list goes on.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Will Skelton is my favourite player and there's no denying he's trimmed down, but it's not a coincidence that every Australian rugby player seems to stand out in English rugby - it's a more diluted competition talentwise, and they aren't playing Kiwi teams.

And we fall for it every year - Dean Mumm, James Horwill, Matt To'omua, the list goes on.

The above statement suggests to me that you do not watch much NH rugby.

Any no, not every Aussie that goes there stands out.

Mumm - did not stand out from what I saw. Was decent at best.
Horwill - the kind of player who seemed to buckle under too much pressure, especially when he was the captain here. Quins environment suited him and did well. Horwill was a what, 80 cap Wallaby captain?. What dod you not expect him to go over and be good?
To'omua - class. Anywhere.

It's not like this there is this horde of players who could be picked from overseas. It's a mere handful at most. Skelton looks like a world class lock forward to me now. Against real quality opposition. And at times he dominated. Look at the last three packs he played against. If Cheika doesnt take notice he is well and truly lost up his own arse. But he has a plan. Or so we're told.

Skelton and To'omua are the only ones that should even come into selection discussion.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Coleman and Skelton will see what the offers are like after their 2 year contracts. They will look to see what interest is like for a 2 year deal leading into the next WC. Simmons and Arnold won't be around, so it will depend on how guys like Swain, Hockings, Blyth, Hosea etc develop. They will still be all early 20's though, so there will be desire for experience in the locking department.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not sure what you want Blue. Cheiks tried to get him to sign back here, but couldn't. So he won't be picked. He's not eligible.

How long is he signed for in NH?? Isnt the rule as long as they sign for an AU franchise 2020 they become eligible? Can that be done at the 11th hour??

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
How long is he signed for in NH?? Isnt the rule as long as they sign for an AU franchise 2020 they become eligible? Can that be done at the 11th hour??
Reports are that he's about to sign a new deal with Saracens for a couple of years.

“I had some chats with Cheik at the start of the year and my manager has spoken to him a lot,” Skelton told AAP.

“He was trying to get me back home and there were some (Super Rugby) offers but it is difficult because I’ve agreed to stay here.

“There’s still a few bits and pieces to nut down but I am close to signing a new deal here.

“It was a massively difficult decision given the World Cup is this year but if the rules change in the future I’ll always put my hand up to play for Australia.”

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
As others have said, our stocks in the second row are better than they have been for many a long day.