• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Snapshift - JOC (James O'Connor) Approves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I might be behind the 8 ball on this, but today I realized what this new power band trend is (while browsing twitter).

Apparently you pay them $20 for this bracelet, and it improves your mindset or something. Just ask Quade, JOC (James O'Connor), Kurtley and Cipriani: https://www.snapshift.com.au/athletes

I use SnapShift to help keep a positive mindset during my recovery from knee surgery. I have also started using it during training to keep focused on what I want to achieve. If I have a negative thought it’s as simple as stretching the band and letting it snap against my wrist, saying two positive statements countering the negative thought. Which then puts me back into a positive mind frame

Apart from the hilarious testimonials. It's nice to see these companies now admitting it's just a placebo effect. But is it ethical for players to be participating in these scams?

Also, in junior rugby all forms of jewelry are banned AFAIK. Hopefully this doesn't become a trend in junior footy?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I forsee JOC (James O'Connor)'s post rugby future......

shamwow.jpg

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
This is a weird one. As it is more like a gimmick and not claiming to affect your ions or whatever.
Although i'm sure you could buy 20 odd for that amount from the manufacturer.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
So this is effectively a band you snap when you have negative thoughts? I get one of those free when I buy my magazine. I've also been known to use a fucking hair band. Good lord.

But it does have me thinking: what two positive thoughts can replace a negative one?
1. Shit I'm gullible- I bought one of these magic bands.
A) at least I didn't spend it on inappropriate swimwear and hair removal cream
B) it goes nicely with the charm bracelet on my other wrist.
2. I'm not real bright.
A) I have a shitload of followers telling me I'm hot
B) HELLOOOO Cleo Bachelor nominee!!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Pity his positive mindset was on holiday on the weekend when he slagged a well known sports journo on Twitter, who had asked him a pretty valid question.
More of a Batfist than a Snapshift.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
1. This can never fucking work.
A) More effective than Swisse multivitamins
B) If they're writing about this, they're not writing about how the Rebels only win when I'm not playing.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
There are two guys from Perth who guy by the name Skeptic Bros who released the Placebo Band. It was made by the same manufacturer as the Powerbalance band but they sold it for $2 (maybe less) + postage.
I might have to do some research.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
C) Actually Force too. Seriously what is wrong? I'm the best footballer* in Australia!!

*self-proclaimed

P

philsale

Pity his positive mindset was on holiday on the weekend when he slagged a well known sports journo on Twitter, who had asked him a pretty valid question.
More of a Batfist than a Snapshift.

Tell us more, Cyclo - I missed that tweet.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
If my bloody iPad would let me copy the link properly. Linds Clement-Meehan asked why a banner ad for Swisse had him in a Force jersey and if it was good for his brand, he made a snide comment about her profile pic. Sat night.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I can't believe people actually make money off this stuff. My next invention is going to be the "powermind bracelet - gives you 50% more mental power".

The advert will be: "Watch as James O'Connor melts this ice cube without even touching it" This amazing mental power is only accessible through the bracelet.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I don't know JOC (James O'Connor) so the only way I see him is through ads like Swisse Vitamins, this Snapshift thing and some of his tweets. I want to like him but he comes across as a bit of a 'dill' to put it mildly. By trying to brand himself less he may inadvertently improve his brand.

sonny crockett

Allen Oxlade (6)
I don't know JOC (James O'Connor) so the only way I see him is through ads like Swisse Vitamins, this Snapshift thing and some of his tweets. I want to like him but he comes across as a bit of a 'dill' to put it mildly. By trying to brand himself less he may inadvertently improve his brand.
Best to stay not knowing him and wanting to like him. Once you know him, fair chance you may not like him

Status
Not open for further replies.